The Acute Rehab Program Liaison Manages the referral to admission process by assessing patient and family status based on admission criteria to ensure the placement of all patients to the appropriate level of care. The incumbent is responsible for referral development, marketing activities, and the collection of all statistical information related to these functions to ensure consistent patient census.Assists manager by providing clinical leadership for nursing employees on an assigned unit to maintain continuity of nursing care in conjunction with the hospital/nursing mission, goals, policies and procedures. Works in collaboration with the Manager/Director/CNO to ensure goal attainment.Responsibilities
• Interpret, review, and combine diagnostic data relevant to the patient's current condition.
• Assess patient and family status, based on admission criteria, to generate recommendations for appropriate level of care
• Develops and communicates preliminary plan of care by facilitating input from all involved parties to establish goals and projected length of stay to all involved parties to ensure achievement of expected outcomes
• Intervenes and provides guidance and direction during life threatening situations.
• Evaluates the effectiveness of interventions and expected outcomes.
• Tracks and responds to issues identified by Medical Staff Performance Improvement and Peer Review challenges by reviewing medical charts, collecting and interpreting statistical data to ensure quality medical care and regulatory compliance.
• Initiate activities for referral development and marketing to ensure regional identity and stable patient census.
• Implements innovative works processes that improve patient outcomes.
• Participates in clinical leadership activities such as coaching, counseling, mentoring, hiring, firing, yearly performance evaluations, staffing, payroll, and productivity.
• Collaborates with nursing leadership and other disciplines to identify opportunities for department improvements and drive change.
Utilization Review and Discharge Planning functions.
Payor communication and denial reduction
• Supports life-long learning.
• Completes other duties as assigned. Requirements, Preferences and Experience
RN; BLS CERTIFICATION WITHIN 14 DAYS OF HIRE
ACLS preferredAbout Baptist Memorial Health Care
At Baptist, we owe our success to our colleagues, who have both technical expertise and a compassionate attitude. Every day they carry out Christ's three-fold ministry-healing, preaching and teaching. And, we reward their efforts with compensation and benefits packages that are highly competitive in the Mid-South health care community. For two consecutive years, Baptist has won a Best in Benefits award for offering the best benefit plans compared with their peer groups. Winners are chosen based on plan designs, premiums and the results of a Benefits Benchmarking Survey.At Baptist, We Offer:
- Competitive salaries
- Paid vacation/time off
- Continuing education opportunities
- Generous retirement plan
- Health insurance, including dental and vision
- Sick leave
- Service awards
- Free parking
- Short-term disability
- Life insurance
- Health care and dependent care spending accounts
- Education assistance/continuing education
- Employee referral program
Position: 18239 - Liaison-Acute Rehab Program
Facility: BMH-North Mississippi Oxford Hospital
Department: NM Nursing Admin BMH North MS
Category: Nursing Support & Patient Care
Work Type: Full Time
Work Schedule: Days
Located in the Oxford, MS metro area