Provides operational leadership and oversight in the administration, direction, and implementation of group practice management initiatives to meet diverse business/clinical needs within designated geographical market served by Baptist. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, implementation of network development and physician practice strategies, provider and team member engagement initiatives, mergers/acquisitions and other business initiatives to expand market services and capabilities, as appropriate, integration of systems, identification of efficiencies, and financial oversight for clinic operations and outcomes. Works in coordination with COO, President/CEO-BMG, physician constituents, clinical leaders, and other key stakeholders to create and sustain a culture of respect, safety and quality, performance transparency, teamwork, measurement, alignment, and accountability. Reinforces service and operational excellence while driving financial outcomes and efficiencies within a large, multi-specialty clinic.Responsibilities
Requirements, Preferences and Experience Education
- Operationalizes strategic direction in collaboration with President/CEO for BMG and members of the BMG Senior Leadership Team to ensure operational goals and objectives are in alignment with market/corporate initiatives for designated business needs and clinical service area.
- Provides operational oversight for clinic operations to include practice management, physician and employee recruitment/retention tactics, physician relations, contracting, as appropriate, compensation strategies and productivity measures so that incentives are appropriately aligned working with Corporate BMG finance team. Participates in mergers/acquisition activities and initiatives to expand BMG operational services and capabilities within designated geographic market(s) within designated division.
- Develops, recommends, and implements the annual operating plans and programs necessary to meet strategic direction.
- Works collaboratively with BMG team to develop financially viable reimbursement methodologies for physicians. Participates, when appropriate, in the negotiation, execution and implementation of physician/provider contracts and other affiliated business arrangements.
- Designs, in collaboration with CFO financial goals and reporting systems evaluating utilization/standardization and/or resource management systems, work-load/productivity measures, and skill mix to ensure both quality outcomes and cost efficiency for clinic operations.
- Implements practice management strategies and/or services to identify appropriate business opportunities, to enhance business and/or physician partnerships/relationships, expand/retain market position, and to maximize service delivery in close coordination with direct reports as well as hospital operations.
- Analyzes practice managements models on a national level; develops, implements, and/or evaluates "best practices" to strengthen financial viability, support clinical/patient care initiatives within an array of practice settings, appropriately address operational issues, and maintain legal compliance with all federal, state and local regulatory agencies.
- Integrates and implements human resources policies/procedures, programs, and practices within each clinic setting working in collaboration with Corporate Human Resources. Focuses on building a culture of respect, team member and provider engagement, and a work environment of accountability. Ensures legal compliance with all applicable laws.
- Performs other accountabilities as assigned or directed.
Preferred: Master's degree preferred.
Minimum: Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Finance, Health Care Administration or related fieldExperience
Preferred: 5 years progressive, out-come oriented management experience in a medium to large multi-specialty group practice.
Minimum: 8 years of experience in a healthcare leadership role that includes physician collaboration, financial/operational management and strategic planning. Special Skills
Minimum: Ability to foster collaborative partnerships in the development, implementation and administration of service and program delivery.Training
Minimum: Extensive knowledge of health care issues, trends, legal compliance and group practice management/ network development. Preferred knowledge in related specialty services, as required. About Baptist Memorial Health Care
At Baptist, we owe our success to our colleagues, who have both technical expertise and a compassionate attitude. Every day they carry out Christ's three-fold ministry-healing, preaching and teaching. And, we reward their efforts with compensation and benefits packages that are highly competitive in the Mid-South health care community. For two consecutive years, Baptist has won a Best in Benefits award for offering the best benefit plans compared with their peer groups. Winners are chosen based on plan designs, premiums and the results of a Benefits Benchmarking Survey.At Baptist, We Offer:
- Competitive salaries
- Paid vacation/time off
- Continuing education opportunities
- Generous retirement plan
- Health insurance, including dental and vision
- Sick leave
- Service awards
- Free parking
- Short-term disability
- Life insurance
- Health care and dependent care spending accounts
- Education assistance/continuing education
- Employee referral program
Position: 11115 - Director-Executive
Facility: MBHS - Medical Arts West
Department: BMG JS Administration-Clinical
Category: Leadership & Administration
Type: Non Clinical
Work Type: Full Time
Work Schedule: Days
Located in the Jackson, MS metro area