Provides Human Resource leadership and services to support the mission of Baptist. Provides policy interpretation, information, counseling, and support to leaders, managers and employees in the areas of employee relations, benefits, employment, compensation, payroll, worker's compensation, employee health and related Human Resource functional service areas. Reviews planned disciplinary actions proposed by managers, and makes appropriate recommendations based on current policy for investigation, documentation, and alternative considerations/actions. Provides assistance to Employee Health Nurse through data management and special projects. Cooperates with external customers, e.g. applicants, state/federal agency officials, labor counsel; identifies needs; collects, evaluates, and reports timely to inquiries; and, follows through to case closure. Recommends new/revised procedures and monitors compliance with policy, legal, and regulatory requirements to include Joint Commission and EEOC. Researches: collects, compiles and analyzes data; and provides input into report design/presentation of special projects, as assigned. Incumbent is responsible for providing a full range of Human Resources services a minimum of 8 hours/day. 5 days/week. Some additional work and call back hours may be required. This position is under the direction of the Director of Human Resources. Performs other duties as assigned.Responsibilities
Requirements, Preferences and Experience Education
- Completes assigned goals.
- Administers benefit plans.
- Assists internal and external applicants with employment needs and the facilitation of personnel transactions.
- Assists HR Director with the performance management process by responding to issues pertaining to pay and compensation.
- Maintains current knowledge of federal and state laws, and Baptist policies, which includes interpretation, sharing of information and providing timely counsel, providing Human Resources support to management and employees to assure fair and consistent application of rules, regulations, and protocols while minimizing legal risks and exposure.
- Assists HR Director with maintaining Joint Commission compliance and survey readiness.
- Provides assistance to employees and managers surrounding work related issues.
- Maintains adequate resources as part of the office management function.
- Clarifies inquiries, cooperates with external customers, e.g., applicants, state/federal agency officials, labor counsel, to identify needs and meet requirements.
- Completes assigned goals.
Preferred: Masters degree in Human Resource Management in Business Administration or related field.
Minimum: Baccalaureate degree in Human Resources, business administration or related field. 2 additional years of HR experience can be substituted for the college degree.Experience
Preferred: 2 years directly related experience, preferably in a healthcare setting.
Minimum: 1 year directly related experience, preferably in a healthcare setting.Special Skills
Minimum: Previous experience using automated HR/Payroll system. Proficient in Excel, Word, and PowerPointAbout Baptist Memorial Health Care
At Baptist, we owe our success to our colleagues, who have both technical expertise and a compassionate attitude. Every day they carry out Christ's three-fold ministry-healing, preaching and teaching. And, we reward their efforts with compensation and benefits packages that are highly competitive in the Mid-South health care community. For two consecutive years, Baptist has won a Best in Benefits award for offering the best benefit plans compared with their peer groups. Winners are chosen based on plan designs, premiums and the results of a Benefits Benchmarking Survey.At Baptist, We Offer:
- Competitive salaries
- Paid vacation/time off
- Continuing education opportunities
- Generous retirement plan
- Health insurance, including dental and vision
- Sick leave
- Service awards
- Free parking
- Short-term disability
- Life insurance
- Health care and dependent care spending accounts
- Education assistance/continuing education
- Employee referral program
Position: 2004 - Specialist-Human Resources
Facility: BMH - North Mississippi Oxford Hospital
Department: NM HRD Administration BMH North MS
Category: Human Resources
Type: Non Clinical
Work Type: Full Time
Work Schedule: Days
Located in the Oxford, MS metro area