Directs, administers, and coordinates all operational functions for a designated geographic Market working in close collaboration with the designated Executive Director (ED).Responsibilities include but are not limited to participation in the development and implementation clinic market strategies and business initiatives, network development and practice management for primary care and multi-specialty groups, participation in physician contracting activities/negotiation, mergers/acquisitions, as appropriate, and physician relations. Works closely with BMG leadership team, Baptist Market Leader and hospital administration within assigned market, physicians, and practice managers to ensure coordination/alignment with overall BMG market strategies.Responsibilities
Requirements, Preferences and Experience Education
- Operationalizes strategic direction for a designated market to ensure goals and objectives are in alignment with market/corporate initiatives working with designated ED, BMG leadership team, Market leadership, and physician constituencies to maximize provider relationships and network development.
- Participates in development and implementation the annual operating plans and programs necessary to meet strategic direction established by BMG CEO, ED and CFO.
- Provides daily operational oversight for all facets of clinic business management to include but not limited to compliance, budgets, risk management, privacy and security, human resources, physician relations, and patient satisfaction.
- Provides management oversight to direct reports to ensure adequate orientation, training and education. Assesses performance, responds and/or resolves issues and offers counsel or resources to successfully manage individual clinic sites.
- Implements human resources policies/procedures, programs, and practices within each clinic setting working in collaboration with Corporate and BMG Human Resources to ensure the implementation of programs which best meet the needs of both employees and management teams.Ensures legal compliance with all applicable regulatory agencies.
- Facilitates and actively participates in mergers/acquisition activities and initiatives to expand BMG operational services and capabilities within designated geographic market, as needed.
- Implements work/system processes administering best practices within each physician clinic. Designs, in collaboration with designated ED and CFO, financial goals and reporting systems evaluating utilization/standardization, resource needs, productivity measures, and skill mix to ensure both quality outcomes and cost efficiency.
- Participates, when appropriate, in the negotiation, execution and implementation of physician/provider contracts and other affiliated business arrangements.
- Implements practice management strategies and/or services to identify appropriate business opportunities, to enhance business and/or physician partnerships/relationships, expand/retain market position, and to maximize service delivery in close coordination with practice management team as well as hospital operations.
- Performs other accountabilities as assigned or directed.
Minimum: Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Finance, Health Care Administration or related field or equivalent experience in practice management/administration.Experience
Minimum: 5+ years progressive, out-come oriented management experience in a medium multi-specialty group practice with 3 years experience in all aspects of practice management and operations, contracting, and medical staff relations.Licensure, Registration, Certification
Minimum: Special Skills
Minimum: Extensive knowledge of health care issues, trends, legal compliance and group practice management/ network development models. Ability to foster collaborative partnerships in the development, implementation and administration of service and program delivery.Physical Requirements: About Baptist Memorial Health Care
At Baptist, we owe our success to our colleagues, who have both technical expertise and a compassionate attitude. Every day they carry out Christ's three-fold ministry-healing, preaching and teaching. And, we reward their efforts with compensation and benefits packages that are highly competitive in the Mid-South health care community. For two consecutive years, Baptist has won a Best in Benefits award for offering the best benefit plans compared with their peer groups. Winners are chosen based on plan designs, premiums and the results of a Benefits Benchmarking Survey.At Baptist, We Offer:
- Competitive salaries
- Paid vacation/time off
- Continuing education opportunities
- Generous retirement plan
- Health insurance, including dental and vision
- Sick leave
- Service awards
- Free parking
- Short-term disability
- Life insurance
- Health care and dependent care spending accounts
- Education assistance/continuing education
- Employee referral program
Position: 13985 - Director-Operations
Facility: MBHS - Medical Arts West
Department: BMG JS Administration-Clinical
Category: Leadership & Administration
Type: Non Clinical
Work Type: Full Time
Work Schedule: Days
Located in the Jackson, MS metro area