Coordinates and performs registration activities to insure that department goals are met. Assists with data collection and reporting. Performs other duties as assigned.Responsibilities
Requirements, Preferences and Experience Education
- Registers patient accurately, efficiently and professionally to ensure data base integrity and facilitate claims processing.
- Applies financial screening guidelines to ensure proper procedures are followed in obtaining upfront collections for the specific facility.
- Coordinates daily operations to insure that departmental goals are met. Mentors staff to develop their productivity, accuracy and expertise.
- Utilizes standards, guidelines, and written procedures for performing registration functions in accordance with Quality/Best Practice.
- Completes assigned goals.
- Performs other duties as assigned, to include health screening.
Preferred: Associates degree or 2 year of College level courses
Minimum: Skill in communicating clearly and effectively using standard English in written, oral and verbal format to achieve high productivity and efficiency. Skill to write legibly and record information accurately as necessary to perform job duties.Experience
Preferred: 7 years previous experience in Registration/Pt Accts or Physician's Billing Office with cash collections.
Minimum: 7 years previous experience in Registration/Pt Accts or Physician's Billing Office with cash collections.Special Skills
Preferred: Bilingual, knowledge of current computer systems and software applications
Minimum: Basic Computer skills, ability to perform basic math computation. Type 25 words per minute. Excellent customer service and strong communication skills. Ability to speak, articulate and be understood clearly.About Baptist Memorial Health Care
At Baptist, we owe our success to our colleagues, who have both technical expertise and a compassionate attitude. Every day they carry out Christ's three-fold ministry-healing, preaching and teaching. And, we reward their efforts with compensation and benefits packages that are highly competitive in the Mid-South health care community. For two consecutive years, Baptist has won a Best in Benefits award for offering the best benefit plans compared with their peer groups. Winners are chosen based on plan designs, premiums and the results of a Benefits Benchmarking Survey.At Baptist, We Offer:
- Competitive salaries
- Paid vacation/time off
- Continuing education opportunities
- Generous retirement plan
- Health insurance, including dental and vision
- Sick leave
- Service awards
- Free parking
- Short-term disability
- Life insurance
- Health care and dependent care spending accounts
- Education assistance/continuing education
- Employee referral program
Position: 13251 - Representative-Admissions Certified Lead
Facility: BMH - Crittenden Hospital
Department: CR Admissions BMH Crittenden
Type: Non Clinical
Work Type: Full Time
Work Schedule: Rotating
Location: US:AR:West Memphis
Located in the Memphis metro area