The Simulation and Standardized Patient Technician ("Sim Tech") supports and assists the Director of Medical Education Simulation ("Director") in the management, logistics, scheduling, and organization of Simulation and Standardized Patient (SP) events at the Baptist University of Health Sciences College of Osteopathic Medicine (BUCOM).
The Sim Tech coordinates with the Director to assure that all simulation and SP events are effectively scheduled, planned, organized, staffed, and supported. This position is a 12-month, full-time placement. Occasional evening or weekend shifts may be required.Responsibilities
1. Maintain and repair all simulation equipment, including: Patient simulators, computers, monitors and a variety of medical equipment.
2. Help the Simulation Director in maintaining the Standardized Patient training program, including scheduling, coordinating training sessions, participating in training sessions, and other duties as needed.
3. Troubleshoot equipment malfunctions and contact vendors as needed.
4. Collaborate with supervisor to organize, maintain and restock skills lab and simulation laboratory supplies.
5. Provide technical support for task trainers and multimedia peripherals including: Beds/examination tables, headwalls, patient monitors, and other health care equipment, medication dispensing systems, vital sign monitors or other equipment.
6. Provide theatrical production (costuming and moulage) for simulation scenarios as requested. Mix simulated body fluids and create wounds.
7. Provide technical assistance, support and training to faculty, instructors and staff in use of simulation equipment.
8. Collect data for ongoing research or grant requirements.
9. Input checklists, student evaluations, or other documents in the Laerdal Simcapture® system or other computerized systems.
10. Set up and maintain surgical/procedural simulators, computer-based training programs, simulation activities and learner confidentiality.
11. Perform other job-related duties as directed.Requirements, Preferences and Experience Minimum Qualifications
BS degree in Healthcare discipline or Medical Technology.
Two to three years' experience in health care or medical education setting.Desired Qualifications
Certified Healthcare Simulation Operations Specialist® (CHSOS®) certification
Bachelor's (BS) degree in a related field such as Computer Science, Management Information Technology, Film.
AA/AS degree with at least 5-years related experience or the equivalent in the Information Technology Field.
Experience with high-fidelity manikins, task trainers, SimScopes®, ultrasound, and other simulation platforms.
Familiarity with Laerdal SimCapture® system
Knowledge of medical terminology and human anatomy/physiology.About Baptist Memorial Health Care
At Baptist, we owe our success to our colleagues, who have both technical expertise and a compassionate attitude. Every day they carry out Christ's three-fold ministry-healing, preaching and teaching. And, we reward their efforts with compensation and benefits packages that are highly competitive in the Mid-South health care community. For two consecutive years, Baptist has won a Best in Benefits award for offering the best benefit plans compared with their peer groups. Winners are chosen based on plan designs, premiums and the results of a Benefits Benchmarking Survey.At Baptist, We Offer:
- Competitive salaries
- Paid vacation/time off
- Continuing education opportunities
- Generous retirement plan
- Health insurance, including dental and vision
- Sick leave
- Service awards
- Free parking
- Short-term disability
- Life insurance
- Health care and dependent care spending accounts
- Education assistance/continuing education
- Employee referral program
Position: 18328 - Technician-Patient SIM SPT
Facility: Baptist Health Sciences University
Department: CS Medical Education - Admin University
Type: Non Clinical
Work Type: Full Time
Work Schedule: Days
Located in the Memphis metro area