Serves as an administrator in medical education platforms supporting curriculum for medical students. Coordinates with course directors and faculty to ensure appropriate course content, communication, exam information, and data is sufficient to meet curriculum requirements to achieve learning objectives. Develops reports for curriculum planning and analysis and ensures the integrity of data required to analyze student performance and progress and faculty effectiveness. Identifies creative solutions and incorporates new processes to improve workflows, production, security, and efficiency. The position works internally with other offices, including Information Technology, Registrar's Office, and coordinates with all divisions of the College of Osteopathic Medicine. Externally, this position may work with third-party vendors such as Canvas, Acuity Insights, Laerdal, and others to transfer and integrate data resources between platforms and systems. Serves as a functional expert of medical education, leveraging the capabilities of technology systems to support both efficient internal business processes and maintain compliance with educational accreditation rules and regulations. Under the direction of the Assistant Dean OMS 1 & 2. Responsible for all functions 8 hours/day, 5 days/week. Incumbents are subject to hours beyond the normal workday.Responsibilities
1. Configure and maintain the educational platform environments to increase work-flow and accuracy.
2. Import and categorize information needed for curriculum delivery, exams and schedules.
3. Coordinate student and faculty curricular events.
4. Analyzes data and develops reports for committee meetings.
5. Collaborate on SOPs and training material development for course directors and faculty.
6. Assists with residency match activities and other College of Osteopathic Medicine functions and events.
7. Coordinates guest lectures and relevant events supporting this role in medical education.
8. Performs related accountabilities/responsibilities as required or directed.Requirements, Preferences and Experience
Bachelor's degree in healthcare, educational technology, or higher education or equivalent experience.
Master's degree in healthcare, educational technology, or higher education.
Three years of experience in an academic or other relevant professional school setting.
Proficiency with learning management systems and educational technology. About Baptist Memorial Health Care
At Baptist, we owe our success to our colleagues, who have both technical expertise and a compassionate attitude. Every day they carry out Christ's three-fold ministry-healing, preaching and teaching. And, we reward their efforts with compensation and benefits packages that are highly competitive in the Mid-South health care community. For two consecutive years, Baptist has won a Best in Benefits award for offering the best benefit plans compared with their peer groups. Winners are chosen based on plan designs, premiums and the results of a Benefits Benchmarking Survey.At Baptist, We Offer:
- Competitive salaries
- Paid vacation/time off
- Continuing education opportunities
- Generous retirement plan
- Health insurance, including dental and vision
- Sick leave
- Service awards
- Free parking
- Short-term disability
- Life insurance
- Health care and dependent care spending accounts
- Education assistance/continuing education
- Employee referral program
Position: 18329 - Specialist-Medical Education
Facility: Baptist Health Sciences University
Department: CS Medical Education - Admin University
Type: Non Clinical
Work Type: Full Time
Work Schedule: Days
Located in the Memphis metro area