Works under the direct supervision of the pharmacist in providing pharmaceutical care services, while considering patient specific factors, through the prioritization and processing of medication orders, the preparing of medications for dispensing, distribution and stocking of patient care locations for subsequent drug administration. Performs other duties as assigned.Responsibilities
Requirements, Preferences and Experience Education
- Practices the Medication-Use Process: Procures, handles, prepares, distributes, charges/credits and disposes of medication safely and accurately.
- Manages own pharmacy practice effectively.
- Processes and prepares sterile products for dispensing.
- Participates in inventory management.
- Uses and maintains automation/equipment.
- Assists the pharmacist in providing pharmaceutical care to patients.
- Contributes to goals, programs and report cards for operational unit and entity.
- Provides education/training.
- Completes assigned goals.
Minimum: High school diploma or equivalent experience as required by jobExperience
Preferred: Previous experience in setting involving medication distribution. Previous hospital experience.Licensure, Registration, Certification
Minimum: State Board of Pharmacy registration required in the state where work is performed, in accordance with the state's rules and regulations.Special Skills
Minimum: Computer skills, typing skills, calculation skills, communication skills.Training
Preferred: Technician training program/academy.About Baptist Memorial Health Care
At Baptist, we owe our success to our colleagues, who have both technical expertise and a compassionate attitude. Every day they carry out Christ's three-fold ministry-healing, preaching and teaching. And, we reward their efforts with compensation and benefits packages that are highly competitive in the Mid-South health care community. For two consecutive years, Baptist has won a Best in Benefits award for offering the best benefit plans compared with their peer groups. Winners are chosen based on plan designs, premiums and the results of a Benefits Benchmarking Survey.At Baptist, We Offer:
- Competitive salaries
- Paid vacation/time off
- Continuing education opportunities
- Generous retirement plan
- Health insurance, including dental and vision
- Sick leave
- Service awards
- Free parking
- Short-term disability
- Life insurance
- Health care and dependent care spending accounts
- Education assistance/continuing education
- Employee referral program
Position: 5888 - Technician-Pharmacy I
Facility: BMH - Golden Triangle Hospital
Department: GT Pharmacy BMH GTR
Category: Pharmacy Services
Work Type: PRN
Work Schedule: Rotating
Located in the Jackson metro area.