Practices autonomously and in collaboration with other health care professionals to manage donors/patients undergoing collection procedures for cellular therapy. Performs comprehensive assessments and diagnoses to treat and manage patient health problems by serving in various settings as researchers, consultants and patient advocates for individuals, families, groups, and communities. Performs other duties as assigned.Responsibilities
Requirements, Preferences and Experience
- Performs donor consultation and evaluation for internal and external referrals by developing a plan of care within the scope of practice of the nurse practitioner utilizing written protocols to ensure quality patient care.
- Oversees donor medical care, reactions/emergencies and ensures all documentation/follow-up is completed.
- Uses prescriptive authority, procedures, referrals, treatments, and theories in accordance with state/federal laws and regulations.
- Provides clinical leadership and manages departmental/collection operations in collaboration with Apheresis Medical Director and the Marrow Collection Facility Medical Director.
- Assists with the development and implementation of SOPs, personnel training, audits, validation studies and corrective action plans in accordance with FACT and institutional standards.
- Performs procedures specific to the work environment providing all functions related to the collection of human blood, bone marrow donors, apheresis donors and component preparation.
- Participates in quality, process improvement, program initiatives, interacts with, and contributes to the professional development of peers and colleagues.
Minimum: Either a Masters or Doctoral level as a nurse practitioner.
Minimum: 1 year clinical experience functioning in the nurse practitioner role in a hospital setting.
Licensure, Registration, Certification
RN, Certified Nurse Practitioner in working state, ACLS, BLS
Minimum: RN Special Skills
Minimum: Computer literateAbout Baptist Memorial Health Care
At Baptist, we owe our success to our colleagues, who have both technical expertise and a compassionate attitude. Every day they carry out Christ's three-fold ministry-healing, preaching and teaching. And, we reward their efforts with compensation and benefits packages that are highly competitive in the Mid-South health care community. For two consecutive years, Baptist has won a Best in Benefits award for offering the best benefit plans compared with their peer groups. Winners are chosen based on plan designs, premiums and the results of a Benefits Benchmarking Survey.At Baptist, We Offer:
- Competitive salaries
- Paid vacation/time off
- Continuing education opportunities
- Generous retirement plan
- Health insurance, including dental and vision
- Sick leave
- Service awards
- Free parking
- Short-term disability
- Life insurance
- Health care and dependent care spending accounts
- Education assistance/continuing education
- Employee referral program
Position: 18345 - RN-Nurse Practitioner Lead
Facility: BMG - Neurology Specialists Memphis
Department: MG BCC Malignant Hematology
Category: Nurse Practitioner
Type: Clinical Nurse
Work Type: Full Time
Work Schedule: Days
Located in the Memphis metro area