The Continuing Medical Education (CME) Coordinator provides administrative and operational support for Baptist Health Sciences University's College of Osteopathic Medicine (BUCOM) provided CME activities in accordance to the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) standards; Tennessee Medical Association; American Medical Association (AMA); BUCOM / BMHCC Health policies, and other specialty board requirements. The coordinator is responsible for all relevant functions necessary to plan and implement each CME activity from the initial request to the post-activity reconciliation. This includes but is not limited to the identification of educational gaps, deployment of appropriate marketing and educational methods, and event planning support. The CME Coordinator focuses on positive customer relations and demonstrates sound judgment and appropriate decision-making abilities that involve review and consideration of education related to evidenced based practice.Responsibilities
1. Assist in determining and prioritizing the educational needs of physicians based on the needs of affiliated physician groups and support hospital strategic initiatives. Ensure internal and external guidelines for CME activities are adhered to and documented appropriately. Maintain awareness of standards of all applicable regulatory agencies, accrediting and governing bodies.
2. Conduct logistical planning of CME activities, including but not limited to facilities, catering, marketing, and any other program-specific logistics in accordance with hospital and regulatory requirements.
3. Prepare course materials and provide on-site support at BUCOM's provided CME events, including distribution and collection of materials to ensure regulatory compliance.
4. Records comprehensive activity and participation data and maintains the department learning management system; Responsible for accurate and timely issuance of certificates and transcripts to learners who attend BUCOM's CME provided events. Audits activity entries for accuracy and generate reports as necessary.
5. Review activity evaluations and subscriber comments monthly and utilizes data to recommend improvements to the CME program. Assists in identifying areas for improvement and potential interventions.
6. Participates in the process for research and apply for grants in support of activities; prepares grant-required documentation and reconcile all grants in the required company timeframe.
7. Develop, manage and maintain all CME activity budgets. Provide consultative guidance to course planners to ensure budgets are within acceptable parameters. Process registration and vendor payments, check requests, and reimbursements.
8. Develop and employ interdepartmental collaboration, including hosting and attending department and system wide planning meetings as necessary. Provide education on CME programs, CME activity statistics, and guidance regarding medical education events to physician leadership, course planners, the CME/MOC Committee and other leaders.
9. Actively participate in the preparation for regulatory audits and site visits relative to CME.
10. Any additional duties as assigned by the CME Director.Requirements, Preferences and Experience
At least 2 years performing responsibilities as a CME coordinator or in a similar role About Baptist Memorial Health Care
At Baptist, we owe our success to our colleagues, who have both technical expertise and a compassionate attitude. Every day they carry out Christ's three-fold ministry-healing, preaching and teaching. And, we reward their efforts with compensation and benefits packages that are highly competitive in the Mid-South health care community. For two consecutive years, Baptist has won a Best in Benefits award for offering the best benefit plans compared with their peer groups. Winners are chosen based on plan designs, premiums and the results of a Benefits Benchmarking Survey.At Baptist, We Offer:
- Competitive salaries
- Paid vacation/time off
- Continuing education opportunities
- Generous retirement plan
- Health insurance, including dental and vision
- Sick leave
- Service awards
- Free parking
- Short-term disability
- Life insurance
- Health care and dependent care spending accounts
- Education assistance/continuing education
- Employee referral program
Position: 18384 - Coordinator-Continuing Medical Education
Facility: Baptist Health Sciences University
Department: CS Medical Education - Admin University
Category: Administrative Non Clinical Support
Type: Non Clinical
Work Type: Full Time
Work Schedule: Days
Located in the Memphis metro area