The Director of Continuing Medical Education provides oversight for the development, direction and coordination of all continuing medical education activities of the Baptist Health Sciences University College of Osteopathic Medicine (BUCOM).The Director of Continuing Medical Education's role is to assess and improve physician practice, core team communication and patient outcomes. This role will solicit input from other staff, healthcare professionals (i.e. Designated Institutional Officer, Health Sciences Librarian, BMHCC healthcare professionals) or committees to identify educational needs and develop activities.Responsibilities
1. Works with the Continuing Medical Education (CME) Committee and CME Coordinator, manages the continuing medical education program in accordance with the overall mission and objectives of the BUCOM. Ensures compliance with the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) criterion and policies including the Standards for Commercial SupportSM, the American Osteopathic Association (AOA), and CME policies and procedures.
2. Collaborates with BMHCC hospital CME personnel regarding accreditation policies and procedures and ongoing status of the CME program. Informs administration about new requirements related to maintenance of licensure (MOL), board maintenance of certification (MOC), and CME.
3. Provides leadership in all phases of the development of continuing medical education and actively communicates with various committees to recommend related policies.
4. Secures financial and administrative support required to conduct all live CME activities (i.e. physical facilities, AV equipment, and personnel).
5. Maintains compliance for activities that are jointly provided.
6. Ensures timely submission of the Annual Report to the ACCME outlining the size and scope of the organization's CME program utilizing ACCME's Program and Activity Reporting System (PARS).
7. Confirms compliance with the ACCME Standards for Commercial SupportSM. This includes developing CME activities that are independent of commercial interests, maintaining a separation of promotion from education, and actively promoting improvements in health care vs. proprietary interests of any commercial interest.
8. Works with the CME Committee and quality improvement to identify the professional practice gaps and educational needs of the organization's learners. Ensures that gaps and needs assessment data are recorded and documented, in every instance utilizing ACGME core competencies.
9. With support from the CME Committee, incorporates into the CME efforts new developments (i.e. new techniques, materials, and learning/teaching methodologies) in the fields of continuing education and professional development.Requirements, Preferences and Experience
Bachelor's degree in related field
Minimum of three years' experience in educational, health care and/or regulatory field and knowledge of accreditation or credentialing processes.About Baptist Memorial Health Care
At Baptist, we owe our success to our colleagues, who have both technical expertise and a compassionate attitude. Every day they carry out Christ's three-fold ministry-healing, preaching and teaching. And, we reward their efforts with compensation and benefits packages that are highly competitive in the Mid-South health care community. For two consecutive years, Baptist has won a Best in Benefits award for offering the best benefit plans compared with their peer groups. Winners are chosen based on plan designs, premiums and the results of a Benefits Benchmarking Survey.At Baptist, We Offer:
- Competitive salaries
- Paid vacation/time off
- Continuing education opportunities
- Generous retirement plan
- Health insurance, including dental and vision
- Sick leave
- Service awards
- Free parking
- Short-term disability
- Life insurance
- Health care and dependent care spending accounts
- Education assistance/continuing education
- Employee referral program
Position: 18381 - Director-Continuing Medical Education
Facility: Baptist Health Sciences University
Department: CS Medical Education - Admin University
Category: Leadership & Administration
Type: Non Clinical
Work Type: Full Time
Work Schedule: Days
Located in the Memphis metro area