Promotes customer service. Follows established inventory control & distribution processes. Enters accurate data, generates and reconciles reports as needed. Maintains and tracks patient care equipment. Performs receiving/storeroom functions. Performs other duties as assigned.Responsibilities
Requirements, Preferences and Experience Education
- Responds timely & accurately to all customer request to promote exceptional customer service skills.
- Evaluates supply levels to ensure a sufficient quantity of usable supplies.
- Coordinates with purchasing & accounts payable departments to ensure a timely resolution to any issues.
- Performs data entry tasks and generates corresponding reports as needed.
- Tracks and maintains Patient Care Equipment log to maintain an accurate equipment inventory.
- Manages the shipping, receiving, and distribution functions of the hospital to maintain a continuous flow of supplies.
- Participates actively in all department performance improvement initiatives to enhance department productivity.
- Completes assigned goals.
Preferred: High School Education.
Minimum: Skill in communicating clearly and effectively using standard English in written, oral and verbal format to achieve high productivity and efficiency. Skill to write legibly and record information accurately as necessary to perform job duties.Experience
Preferred: 2 years experience working with patient care supplies and equipment.
Minimum: 2 years experience in Materials Management functions.Licensure, Registration, Certification
Minimum: DRIVER'S LICENSE (CURRENT)Special Skills
Preferred: Proficiency in oral and written communications skills and Microsoft and desktop computer skills.
Minimum: Basic Computer skills.About Baptist Memorial Health Care
At Baptist, we owe our success to our colleagues, who have both technical expertise and a compassionate attitude. Every day they carry out Christ's three-fold ministry-healing, preaching and teaching. And, we reward their efforts with compensation and benefits packages that are highly competitive in the Mid-South health care community. For two consecutive years, Baptist has won a Best in Benefits award for offering the best benefit plans compared with their peer groups. Winners are chosen based on plan designs, premiums and the results of a Benefits Benchmarking Survey.At Baptist, We Offer:
- Competitive salaries
- Paid vacation/time off
- Continuing education opportunities
- Generous retirement plan
- Health insurance, including dental and vision
- Sick leave
- Service awards
- Free parking
- Short-term disability
- Life insurance
- Health care and dependent care spending accounts
- Education assistance/continuing education
- Employee referral program
Position: 6122 - Coordinator-Materials Management
Facility: BMH - Memphis Hospital
Department: ME Matl Mgmt General Stores Baptist Memphis
Category: Supply Chain & Materials Management
Type: Non Clinical
Work Type: Full Time
Work Schedule: Days
Located in the Memphis metro area