Performs a variety of medical physics services to include specific tests, measurements, calculations, and fabrication of devices as ordered by the radiation oncologist to verify and validate the accuracy of the treatment plan using ionizing radiation, in collaboration with the physician and technical staff; performs acceptance testing, measurements, commissioning and ongoing quality assurance testing of radiotherapy units, radioactive material, other physics equipment, and treatment planning systems to validate accuracy and safety in accordance with hospital, state, federal, and accrediting body requirements. Performs other duties as assigned.Responsibilities
Requirements, Preferences and Experience Education
- Verifies patient information and screens patient for safety.
- Coordinates procedure/treatment plan.
- Implements procedure/treatment plan.
- Evaluates the procedure/treatment plan.
- Organizes and documents all aspects of assigned patient care to ensure accurate and timely performance of radiation therapy procedures.
- Participates in Quality Improvement activities to ensure that patient care is consistent with established standards.
- Contributes to a positive work environment and the overall team effort of the department.
- Completes assigned goals.
Minimum: Board eligible in medical physics by the American Board of Radiology (ABR), American College of Medical Physics (ACMP), or Certified Canadian Medical Physics (CCMP).Licensure, Registration, Certification
Minimum: BLS CERTIFICATION WITHIN 14 DAYS OF HIRE;ABR ELGIBLE, ACMP ELGIBLE, OR CCMP ELGIBLESpecial Skills
Minimum: Basic computer literacy skills.About Baptist Memorial Health Care
At Baptist, we owe our success to our colleagues, who have both technical expertise and a compassionate attitude. Every day they carry out Christ's three-fold ministry-healing, preaching and teaching. And, we reward their efforts with compensation and benefits packages that are highly competitive in the Mid-South health care community. For two consecutive years, Baptist has won a Best in Benefits award for offering the best benefit plans compared with their peer groups. Winners are chosen based on plan designs, premiums and the results of a Benefits Benchmarking Survey.At Baptist, We Offer:
- Competitive salaries
- Paid vacation/time off
- Continuing education opportunities
- Generous retirement plan
- Health insurance, including dental and vision
- Sick leave
- Service awards
- Free parking
- Short-term disability
- Life insurance
- Health care and dependent care spending accounts
- Education assistance/continuing education
- Employee referral program
Position: 2431 - Physicist
Facility: BMH-Golden Triangle Hospital
Department: GT Radiation Oncology BMH GTR
Category: Radiology & Imaging
Work Type: Full Time
Work Schedule: Days
Located in the Jackson metro area. TEST