Supervisor-Finance - Days - HS Customer Service
Job ID: 1198
Continual review of office process for improvement recommendation changes needed.
Assist with the development and documentation of employee job descriptions and workflow policies and procedures for staff. Attend super user trainings for all systems utilized in the CBO for certification. Provide educational tools. Communicate well with the team. Update employees on Baptist changes and upcoming events. Follow leadership, reports to the Manager, must have the ability to lead others, manage day-to-day operations and work flow of the department. Maintain policy and procedures for productivity standards. Prepare annual evaluations for review by the Manager and Administer annual evaluations. Responsible for handling and disciplinary actions needed including terminations. Assist with the development and documentation of employee job descriptions and workflow policies and procedures for staff. Responsible for processing weekly payroll and approving PTO. Maintain a high level of professionalism and respect at all times. Responsible for daily customer inquiries from internal and external customer to completion. Responsibilities
Experience Description Minimum Required
- Responsible for training staff and making sure they get to the proper training classes
- Responsible for reporting departmental updates to director in a timely manner. Must hold monthly staff meetings to keep staff informed.
- Also responsible for keeping the moral of the office motivated and responsible for identifying and resolving issues that may create barriers for the staff.
- Responsible for reporting any system issues for resolutions.
- Responsible for completing all paperwork to process new hire and terminated employees.
- Responsible for interviewing for open positions.
- Handles telephone communication with patients, insurance companies and other BMG/BMHCC personnel.
- Reviews and set up payment plans as requested by patients
- Reviews and processes adjustments/refunds as needed to resolve credit balances and ensure account balances are correct.
- Review accounts for accuracy
- Assist with reviewing account questions sent to Customer Service via MyChart communications.
- Review self-pay accounts forwarded to Customer Service by outside vendors.
- Completes assigned goals.
- Business related clerical job skill including keyboarding. One year of insurance or billing experience. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form. Possess the organization skills to manage and prioritize a multi-task position. Possess interpersonal skills necessary to successfully interact with clients and company staff. Must maintain telephone and personal etiquette to effectively deal with clients, vendors, peers and management even under stressful situations. Preferred/Desired
-Preferred clerical skills with a working knowledge of insurance/patient billing and three (3) years' experience in a physician's office or hospital billing setting. Good customer service skills are a requirement. Education Description Minimum Required
- High School Diploma or GED Preferred/Desired
- Ability to read, write and perform mathematical calculations, use of proper composition, grammar, oral communication and spelling as normally acquired by official completion of high school and/or its equivalent. Knowledge of general office techniques as normally acquired through two (2) years of experience in credit and collections. Some Collect or Associate degree desired. Training Description
Minimum Required- PC skills/keyboarding ad able to interact with others is required. Working knowledge of 10 key, typing and computers.
Preferred/Desired- Prefer knowledge of insurance/patient billing and collections. Microsoft Office, Outlook and Excel.