Provides Medical Nutrition Therapy to all patients according to Nutrition Care Process in adherence to Policies and Procedures. Serves as a nutrition resource to staff, BMHCS, and the community; and assists in the direction of clinical support staff by coordinating and providing leadership. Performs other duties as assigned.Responsibilities
• Identifies and assesses pediatric, adult, and geriatric patients and initiates the Nutrition Care Process in a systematic and continuous manner in compliance with established standards.
• Develops and selects appropriate teaching materials and methods and assesses the learner to educate pediatric, adult, and geriatric patients/clients and/or S/O, hospital staff, and general public with timely completion and assurance of understanding.
• Participates in interdisciplinary teams and committees and otherwise communicates patient's nutritional needs and issues to positively affect quality patient care outcomes.
• Participates in the development and process of Performance Improvement and quality initiative indicators to improve nutrition care, patient and cafeteria food service, and budgetary performance.
• Exhibits friendly and professional appearance and conduct in associating with fellow healthcare providers, workers, patients, and visitors in adherence to hospital service standards.
• Completes assigned goals.Requirements, Preferences and Experience
Registration (or registry eligible) by the Commission on Registration of The American Dietetic Association. Registry eligible personnel must obtain registration within one (1) year to retain employment as a Clinical Dietitian. Licensed or Provisionally Licensed as an LD by State of MS.About Baptist Memorial Health Care
At Baptist, we owe our success to our colleagues, who have both technical expertise and a compassionate attitude. Every day they carry out Christ's three-fold ministry-healing, preaching and teaching. And, we reward their efforts with compensation and benefits packages that are highly competitive in the Mid-South health care community. For two consecutive years, Baptist has won a Best in Benefits award for offering the best benefit plans compared with their peer groups. Winners are chosen based on plan designs, premiums and the results of a Benefits Benchmarking Survey.At Baptist, We Offer:
- Competitive salaries
- Paid vacation/time off
- Continuing education opportunities
- Generous retirement plan
- Health insurance, including dental and vision
- Sick leave
- Service awards
- Free parking
- Short-term disability
- Life insurance
- Health care and dependent care spending accounts
- Education assistance/continuing education
- Employee referral program
Position: 16520 - Dietitian-Clinical
Facility: BMH-Desoto Hospital
Department: DC BCC Baptist Cancer Center DeSoto
Category: Food & Dietetic Services
Work Type: Full Time
Work Schedule: Days
Located in the Memphis metro area