• Leadership and management of all aspects of the Graduate Nursing educational program.
• Under the administrative direction of the Dean or designee.
• Responsible for all aspects of program operation.
• Serves as a Campus Security Authority (CSA). A CSA has significant responsibility for student and campus activities and is designated as an individual to whom student and employees should report criminal offenses. It is the responsibility of the CSA to report all allegations of crimes to the campus Security Office. Position may require hours beyond the 8-hour workday.Accountabilities:1. Plans, organizes and administers educational program ensuring compliance with accreditation standards, institutional policies and procedures, and health care delivery workforce needs.2. Develops and maintains program's curricular offerings by working closely with faculty to ensure excellence in nursing education and successful student outcomes.3. Provides direction for admission, progression and retention of students, including the academic advising of students, in meeting the requirements for the program of study.4. Demonstrates leadership for the academic program and/or the College through committee assignments, faculty governance, peer review, campus activities, professional practice and professional organizations.5. Participates in institutional and professional program accreditation efforts by adhering to regulatory standards, supervising the implementation of assessment procedures and utilizing data for program improvement.
6. Performs other duties to support the College as assigned.Qualifications
Earned doctorate from an accredited institution in Nursing. NP certification required for teaching in selected graduate courses.
Qualifications to provide academic and practice leadership in developing educational programs in nursing; course work at the graduate level in curriculum development and implementation or certification in nursing education.
Online teaching experience preferred.
Demonstrated ability to function effectively in a large, complex organization.
7 years college teaching experience in an accredited professional nursing program.
3 years of administrative experience or equivalent in an accredited professional nursing program.
Experience with baccalaureate and graduate education in nursing preferred.
Experience with accreditation ( SACSCOC, CCNE, other)
Minimum Rank:Associate Professor
Current nursing licensure/certification to practice in the State of Tennessee.
Current advanced practice licensure/certification to practice in the State of Tennessee or eligible for an unencumbered APRN license in TN.Adult-Gerontology Acute Care desired.