The Academic Success Coach for Allied Health/Nursing is responsible for promoting a positive and successful learning experience for students in an effort to increase student retention, success, and degree completion in Allied Health and Nursing majors. The Academic Success Coach for Allied Health/Nursing will assist students with goal setting, provide continuous communication and follow-up to maximize goal attainment. Responsible for 8 hour/5 days/week. Incumbents are subject to hours beyond the typical workday, including weekends.Responsibilities
Requirements, Preferences and ExperienceEducation
- Plans and facilitates development activities to enhance students' academic performance, as applicable to essential educational skillsets and affective behaviors in Allied Health and undergraduate Nursing disciplines.
- Plans and facilitates development opportunities for preclinical students to enhance their preparedness for selection into professional programs.
- Plans and facilitates development opportunities for Allied Health and Undergraduate Nursing students' preparation for entry to professional practice.
- Meets with students to address faculty's concerns regarding students' performance, as communicated through the Student Academic Success System (e.g., Early Alert submissions).
- Collaborates with students to recognize need for referrals for academic, stress management and self- care and facilitates students' use of these resources.
- Performs related accountabilities/responsibilities as required or directed.
Desired: Bachelors of Science (or Bachelors' of Health Sciences) with a Concentration in the Discipline of Practice (e.g., Allied Health Discipline or Nursing) andCredentialed and/or Licensed in the Discipline of Practice
Desired: 3 years or greater of clinical practice in discipline. Advanced proficency with Microsoft Office products and previous experience with student information software, such as Jenzabar EX.Verbal and written communication skills, organization, time management, problem-solving, self-direction, collaboration, planning, and content design skills.
Minimum: Licensure, Registration, Certification
Desired: Credentialed and/or Licensed in the Discipline of Practice
Minimum: About Baptist Memorial Health Care
At Baptist, we owe our success to our colleagues, who have both technical expertise and a compassionate attitude. Every day they carry out Christ's three-fold ministry-healing, preaching and teaching. And, we reward their efforts with compensation and benefits packages that are highly competitive in the Mid-South health care community. For two consecutive years, Baptist has won a Best in Benefits award for offering the best benefit plans compared with their peer groups. Winners are chosen based on plan designs, premiums and the results of a Benefits Benchmarking Survey.At Baptist, We Offer:
- Competitive salaries
- Paid vacation/time off
- Continuing education opportunities
- Generous retirement plan
- Health insurance, including dental and vision
- Sick leave
- Service awards
- Free parking
- Short-term disability
- Life insurance
- Health care and dependent care spending accounts
- Education assistance/continuing education
- Employee referral program
Position: 16576 - Coach-Academic Success Allied Health/Nursing
Facility: Baptist Health Sciences University
Department: CS Enrollment Management University
Category: Administrative Non Clinical Support
Type: Non Clinical
Work Type: Full Time
Work Schedule: Days
Located in the Memphis metro area