Assist the HIM Manager and Coding Manager to provide expertise in coding. Stays abreast of coding and reimbursement changes. Promotes quality coding and auditing. Assesses coding practices. Serves as a resource to the coding staff for the organization. Assists in the development and implemetnation of coder training programs. Performs other duties as assiged. Works with corporate departments to leverage system initiaves.Responsibilities
Requirements, Preferences and Experience Education
- Supports the Compliance Manager, Coding and HIM.
- Assess proficiency of provider staff to ensure accurate and complete coding.
- Provides educational assistance as directed.
- Provides expertise in achieving and maintaining the highest standards of accuracy in ICD-9-CM and CPT coding, meidcal record documentation, and prospective payment systems.
- Provides ongoing research, analysis, and updates as needed regarding coding and reimbursement issues and new regulatory developments.
- Assess proficiency of coding staff to ensure accurate and complete coding.
- Completes assigned goals.
Preferred: Bachelor Degree
Minimum: Associates Degree or equivalent combination of experience.Experience
Preferred: 8 + years experience as an auditor for providers. Experience in a healthcare integrated system.
Minimum: Skill and proficiency in coding outpatient (ancillary, emergency department, surgery observation, etc) and inpatient charts. utilizing ICD-9-CM and CPT, through at least five years' experience in an acute care facility.Licensure, Registration, Certification
Minimum: CCS-P;RHIT;RHIA;CPC;CCSSpecial Skills
Minimum: Training/teaching skills and proficiency.Training
Preferred: EPIC experience
Minimum: Knowledge of medical terminology, anatomy and physiology. Thorough working knowledge of ICD-9-CM and CPT, HCPS. Coding audit techniques; narrative report writing; development of training materials for classes/inservices; researching coding issues and medical conditions; answering coding questions. Provider EducationAbout Baptist Memorial Health Care
At Baptist, we owe our success to our colleagues, who have both technical expertise and a compassionate attitude. Every day they carry out Christ's three-fold ministry-healing, preaching and teaching. And, we reward their efforts with compensation and benefits packages that are highly competitive in the Mid-South health care community. For two consecutive years, Baptist has won a Best in Benefits award for offering the best benefit plans compared with their peer groups. Winners are chosen based on plan designs, premiums and the results of a Benefits Benchmarking Survey.At Baptist, We Offer:
- Competitive salaries
- Paid vacation/time off
- Continuing education opportunities
- Generous retirement plan
- Health insurance, including dental and vision
- Sick leave
- Service awards
- Free parking
- Short-term disability
- Life insurance
- Health care and dependent care spending accounts
- Education assistance/continuing education
- Employee referral program
Position: 10284 - Specialist-Coding Audit
Facility: BMG-Central Business Office Jackson
Department: MG CBO Jackson PB
Category: Leadership & Administration
Type: Non Clinical
Work Type: Full Time
Work Schedule: Days
Located in the Jackson, MS metro area