The Director of Academic Information Technology is responsible for academic technology solutions supporting the academic space, IT support of faculty as well as students within the academic environment, and reporting and analytics needs for the University. This includes the evaluation, design, sometimes development, and deployment of technology in support of teaching and learning. The Director of Academic IT works under the direction of, and provides leadership assistance to, the Chief Information and Digital Officer in overseeing various Academic Technology initiatives. Working closely with Baptist Health Sciences University leadership, the position is responsible for directly partnering with and supporting faculty, as well as working closely with multiple academic departments, including but not limited to information technology, technology innovation, faculty technology assistance, online education technology, technology support of curriculum instruction & design, and directing the Academic Technology Committee as well as other IT directorates.Responsibilities
User and Student Technology Support
• Project manages the implementation, integration and administration of current and future learning management systems, Lecture Capture & Learning Tablets; eLearning and continuing education.
• Collaborates with faculty to increase their capacities for effective technology-based teaching and learning.
• Works collaboratively with faculty and Instructional Design staff to design and develop high-quality, face2face, online and hybrid innovative courses and digital learning experiences to be offered through Baptist Health Sciences University
• Directs the development and administration of applicable policies, strategic plans, goals and programmatic activities pertaining to classroom, online, and hybrid technology at Baptist Health Sciences University.
• Maintains and expands knowledge of eLearning trends, innovations, research, and best practices.
• Researches and provides assistance with developing and implementation of academic facilitating and enabling technologies.
Stays informed of developments in academic applications of technology and develop programs around them.
• Organizes, evaluates, and directs activities of the Information Technology department. Identifies staffing requirements and professional development needs, and directs staff through efficient utilization of resources to ensure departmental/organizational goals are met.
• Formulates and maintains standards for information systems equipment and systems to ensure compatibility, potential for integration, proper support and maintenance, and access to critical applications.
• Develops and directs reporting and analytic strategies to support University needs.
• Directs Information Technology departmental and capital expenditure budgets. Evaluates contractual agreements with vendors and secures Business Associate Agreements as necessary.
• Ensures compliance with all applicable laws.
• Other duties as assigned by BHSU Leadership.
• Serves as a member of the University Planning Committee
• Serves as a member of the corporate IT Leadership team.
• Direct report to the Chief Information and Digital Officer. Requirements, Preferences and Experience
• Master's Degree in Educational/Instructional Technology or related field required. PhD in Educational/Instructional Technology, Curriculum & Instruction, or related field from an accredited institution of higher learning is preferred.
• Demonstrated knowledge of higher education technology, as a provider of technology support services in a college or university setting.
• Proven experience and knowledge integrating eLearning and eLearning devices (tablets).
• Supervisory and project management experience in development and administration learning management software, video streaming software and instructional technologies.
• Proficiency administering an LMS (Blackboard and/or Canvas).
• Leadership experience in developing technology teams to support an institution.
• Prior experience leading multiple complex project initiatives and mentoring junior members.
• Ability to work in and provide support on Mac and Windows Platforms.
• Demonstrated attention to detail and ability to communicate effectively, verbal and written.
• Ability to work independently and within a team.
• Able to work on multiple projects concurrently and meet hard deadlines.
• Demonstrate ability to motivate and communicate with others at all levels
• Influential relationships skills at all. Able to use these relationships to deliver service improvements
• Excellent communication and negotiation skills.
• Able to adapt and succeed in a changing environment
• Evidence of well-developed leadership skills. About Baptist Memorial Health Care
At Baptist, we owe our success to our colleagues, who have both technical expertise and a compassionate attitude. Every day they carry out Christ's three-fold ministry-healing, preaching and teaching. And, we reward their efforts with compensation and benefits packages that are highly competitive in the Mid-South health care community. For two consecutive years, Baptist has won a Best in Benefits award for offering the best benefit plans compared with their peer groups. Winners are chosen based on plan designs, premiums and the results of a Benefits Benchmarking Survey.At Baptist, We Offer:
- Competitive salaries
- Paid vacation/time off
- Continuing education opportunities
- Generous retirement plan
- Health insurance, including dental and vision
- Sick leave
- Service awards
- Free parking
- Short-term disability
- Life insurance
- Health care and dependent care spending accounts
- Education assistance/continuing education
- Employee referral program
Position: 16701 - System Director-Information Technology Academic
Facility: Baptist Health Sciences University
Department: CS Information Technology University
Category: Information Systems
Work Type: Full Time
Work Schedule: Days
Located in the Memphis metro area