Responsible for the loss prevention program and patient safety program in the designated facility and to serve as a resource to all professional and hospital staff as well as the medical staff at the facility. Performs all other duties as assigned. Responsibilities
Requirements, Preferences and Experience Education
- Participates in the loss prevention program and patient safety initiatives of the designated entity and its facilities on the Campus. Coordinates the investigation of potential and actual claims and lawsuits in the entity through gathering evidence, conducting interviews and reviewing relevant medical record documentation and participating in the root cause analysis process.
- Reviews unusual occurrence reports, investigates further if indicated, and recommends corrective action in consultation with the Director of Risk Management; evaluates effectiveness of corrective action and recommends additional action if necessary.
- Trends incidents, occurrences, claims and lawsuits within the facility; recommends corrective action in consultation with the Director of Risk Management; evaluates effectiveness of corrective action and recommends additional action if necessary.
- Identifies existing risk exposures in the facility; recommends methods of controlling these in consultation with the Director of Risk Management; evaluates effectiveness of action and recommends additional action if necessary.
- Represents risk management and the concepts of patient safety on relevant committees of the organization and provides the necessary leadership, reports and/or guidance on management and operational issues.
- Coordinates the response to discovery devices in lawsuits against the entity as indicated and/or requested.
- Participates in professional activities, associations and certifications related to risk management and patient safety
- Completes assigned goals.
Preferred: RN BSN Prefer to have Certified Professional in Healthcare Risk Management Preferred- Certified Professional in Healthcare Risk Management-CPHRM
Minimum: Skill and proficiency in applying highly technical principles, concepts and techniques which are central to the risk management profession. Such proficiency is acquired through completion of a baccalaureate, associate or diploma degree in a health-related field- nursing field preferred.Experience
Preferred: Risk Management/Patient Safety experience preferred. Quality management experience desired.
Minimum: Three (3) to Five (5) years of clinical and/or management experience.Special Skills
Minimum: Knowledge of licensure and accrediting requirements; ability to communicate and work effectively with medical staff, department heads and administration; assertive, objective, tactful and courteous in all dealings with professional staff, patients and guests; excellent organizational skills and problem solving abilities.About Baptist Memorial Health Care
At Baptist, we owe our success to our colleagues, who have both technical expertise and a compassionate attitude. Every day they carry out Christ's three-fold ministry-healing, preaching and teaching. And, we reward their efforts with compensation and benefits packages that are highly competitive in the Mid-South health care community. For two consecutive years, Baptist has won a Best in Benefits award for offering the best benefit plans compared with their peer groups. Winners are chosen based on plan designs, premiums and the results of a Benefits Benchmarking Survey.At Baptist, We Offer:
- Competitive salaries
- Paid vacation/time off
- Continuing education opportunities
- Generous retirement plan
- Health insurance, including dental and vision
- Sick leave
- Service awards
- Free parking
- Short-term disability
- Life insurance
- Health care and dependent care spending accounts
- Education assistance/continuing education
- Employee referral program
Position: 1288 - Manager-Risk Management RN
Facility: BMH-North Mississippi Oxford Hospital
Department: NM Risk Management BMH North MS
Category: Quality, Compliance & Safety
Type: Non Clinical
Work Type: PRN
Work Schedule: Days
Located in the Oxford, MS metro area