Summary Job Summary
Provides patient care as directed by the professional registered nurse and is accountable for own actions under this direction. Administers intravenous therapy according to state board of nursing rules, regulations, and position statements. Provides a caring relationship that facilitates health and healing and delivers care in a manner that preserves and protects patient autonomy, dignity and rights. Performs other duties as assigned.Responsibilities Job Responsibilities
• Communicates and collaborates with professional registered nurse
• Collects patient data. • Assists in planning patient care.
• Assists in implementing patient care as directed.
• Assists with evaluating the plan of care.
• Administers medication as prescribed.
• Administers intravenous medications according to State Board of Nursing rules and regulations.
• Performs intravenous therapy according to State Board of Nursing rules and regulations.
• Provides and reinforces the teaching of individuals and groups of patients.
• Participates in activities designed to improve health care delivery.
• Participates in ongoing educational activities.
• Completes assigned goals.Requirements, Preferences and Experience
AR - meets minimum IV therapy training requirements according to BON. TN - 6 months experience required and successful completion of intravenous therapy training according to BON. MS - successful completion of education and training provided by an IV integrated accredited nursing program or Board approved IV therapy course.About Baptist Memorial Health Care
At Baptist, we owe our success to our colleagues, who have both technical expertise and a compassionate attitude. Every day they carry out Christ's three-fold ministry-healing, preaching and teaching. And, we reward their efforts with compensation and benefits packages that are highly competitive in the Mid-South health care community. For two consecutive years, Baptist has won a Best in Benefits award for offering the best benefit plans compared with their peer groups. Winners are chosen based on plan designs, premiums and the results of a Benefits Benchmarking Survey.At Baptist, We Offer:
- Competitive salaries
- Paid vacation/time off
- Continuing education opportunities
- Generous retirement plan
- Health insurance, including dental and vision
- Sick leave
- Service awards
- Free parking
- Short-term disability
- Life insurance
- Health care and dependent care spending accounts
- Education assistance/continuing education
- Employee referral program
Position: 16774 - LPN-Expanded II
Facility: BMC-Leake Critical Access Hospital
Department: CAH LK Med Surg
Category: Nurse LPN
Type: Clinical Nurse
Work Type: Full Time
Work Schedule: Rotating