Manages the care for a specific group of patients; facilitates the safe movement of patients throughout the continuum of care, ensures optimal utilization of resources, service delivery and compliance with external review agencies, local, state, and federal requirements. Collaborates with patients/families and the healthcare team in the transition planning process. Provides psychosocial assessments, education to patients/families to assist in coping with the patient's hospitalization and post acute care needs. Performs other duties as assigned.Responsibilities
Requirements, Preferences and Experience Education
- Perform a comprehensive psychosocial assessment when triggered by the RN Case Manager to identify the patient's health goals and coordinate services with the RN Case Manager for an effective transition plan. Meets directly with patient/family on an ongoing basis as identified.
- Identify the need for patient/family regarding Social / Psychosocial issues that need to be addressed.
- Build on the discharge planning assessment in developing, coordinating, implementing and revising a care plan to ensure good transition management and continuity of care (LOS, discharge delays), cost reduction and patient self-management (patient activation).
- Collaborates with the physician and all members of the multidisciplinary team to facilitate care and assist in meeting discharge goals.
- Completes assigned goals.
Preferred: Masters in Social Work
Minimum: Bachelors in Social WorkSpecial Skills
Preferred: Excellent interpersonal communication and negotiation skills. Ability to identify and coordinate appropriate resources in the community. Ability to work with people of all social, economic, and cultural backgrounds. Computer skills.
Minimum: Excellent interpersonal communication and negotiation skills. Ability to identify and coordinate appropriate resources in the community. Ability to work with people of all social, economic, and cultural backgrounds. Computer skills.Training
Preferred: 2-3 years clinical experience as a social worker or 2-3 years experience as a clinical social worker
Minimum: 1-2 years clinical experience as a social worker or 3 years experience as a clinical social workerAbout Baptist Memorial Health Care
At Baptist, we owe our success to our colleagues, who have both technical expertise and a compassionate attitude. Every day they carry out Christ's three-fold ministry-healing, preaching and teaching. And, we reward their efforts with compensation and benefits packages that are highly competitive in the Mid-South health care community. For two consecutive years, Baptist has won a Best in Benefits award for offering the best benefit plans compared with their peer groups. Winners are chosen based on plan designs, premiums and the results of a Benefits Benchmarking Survey.At Baptist, We Offer:
- Competitive salaries
- Paid vacation/time off
- Continuing education opportunities
- Generous retirement plan
- Health insurance, including dental and vision
- Sick leave
- Service awards
- Free parking
- Short-term disability
- Life insurance
- Health care and dependent care spending accounts
- Education assistance/continuing education
- Employee referral program
Position: 2550 - Social Worker
Facility: BMH-Desoto Hospital
Department: DC Case Management Admin BMH Desoto
Category: Social Services
Type: Non Clinical
Work Type: Full Time
Work Schedule: Days
Located in the Memphis metro area