As a member of the Hospital's senior management team, the Associate Chief Nursing Officer (ACNO) works under the direction of the Chief Nursing Officer (CNO) to guide and direct nursing practice, ensuring that patient services are in compliance with nursing care standards as well as state and federal regulations. The ACNO will participate in decision -making processes to ensure the organization attains strategic goals and maintains an awareness of health care issues that impact the success of the hospital. The ACNO will oversee multiple departments within the hospital, as assigned. This position reports directly to the CNO. In the absence of the CNO, the ACNO provides guidance for nursing services, providing guidance to ensure adherence to policies and procedures.Responsibilities
Requirements, Preferences and Experience Education
- Works directly for the CNO and in collaboration with nursing leadership regarding all essential functions.
- Under direction of the CNO, the ACNO has shared accountability for specified nursing operations.
- Assists the CNO and administrative staff, system and market support staff in the establishment and achievement of nursing goals/objectives.
- Has shared accountability with the CNO in the assessment and evaluation of nursing staff in the department of nursing.
- Works collaboratively with the CNO and administrative staff members to ensure program/service development and/or delivery of care are in alignment with overall strategic direction.
- Assist the CNO in providing leadership to nursing employees, ensuring nurses provide quality, evidence-based patient care.
- Assist the CNO in maintaining all required regulatory and compliance approvals, including all accreditation requirements for quality and safety.
- Collaborates effectively with physicians.
- Collaborates with other departments to build teams and impact positive patient outcomes.
- Assists in planning and implementing new services and programs, including supportive policies describing how nurse care is provided, delivered, and assessed.
- Represents the organization at professional and community-related events.
- Participates in budgetary discussions and provides support for the development and implementation of the annual budget.
- Provides analysis related to planning and implementing organization-wide performance improvement and patient safety activities.
- Represents nursing services at meetings as deemed necessary.
Preferred: Master's Degree in Business Administration, Health Care Administration, Nursing or related field
Minimum: Bachelor's Degree in Nursing Experience
Preferred: 5 years progressive leadership experience preferred preferably at director level or higher in most recent role in a multi-hospital system with experience in a competitive managed care market.
Minimum: 3 years progressive leadership experienceLicensure, Registration, Certification
Minimum: RN licensure Special Skills
Minimum: Ability to foster collaborative partnerships in the development, implementation and administration of service and program delivery.Training
Minimum: Knowledge of health care issues, trends, legal compliance and managed care with emphasis in all components and a strong nursing operational background.About Baptist Memorial Health Care
At Baptist, we owe our success to our colleagues, who have both technical expertise and a compassionate attitude. Every day they carry out Christ's three-fold ministry-healing, preaching and teaching. And, we reward their efforts with compensation and benefits packages that are highly competitive in the Mid-South health care community. For two consecutive years, Baptist has won a Best in Benefits award for offering the best benefit plans compared with their peer groups. Winners are chosen based on plan designs, premiums and the results of a Benefits Benchmarking Survey.At Baptist, We Offer:
- Competitive salaries
- Paid vacation/time off
- Continuing education opportunities
- Generous retirement plan
- Health insurance, including dental and vision
- Sick leave
- Service awards
- Free parking
- Short-term disability
- Life insurance
- Health care and dependent care spending accounts
- Education assistance/continuing education
- Employee referral program
Position: 7014 - Officer-Associate Chief Nursing
Facility: BMH-Memphis Hospital
Department: ME Nursing Admin Baptist Memphis
Category: Leadership & Administration
Type: Non Clinical
Work Type: Full Time
Work Schedule: Days
Located in the Memphis metro area