Administers all operational functions for the cardiovascular service line under the executive direction of BMHCC Vice Presidents, Metro and Regional Operations (Market Leaders). Responsibilities include but are not limited to setting strategic clinical and business direction, financial oversight for areas of responsibility. Works collaboratively with executive leadership, entity leaders, and physician stakeholders to develop shared goals to meet specific operational and strategic initiatives. Integrates improvement processes, systems, and technology to steer synergies, standardization, where appropriate, scalability, alignment, and accountability. Works collaboratively with Executive Leadership, Vice Presidents, Market Operations, President and CEO, Baptist Memorial Medical Group (BMG), facility leaders, and physicians to develop quality/safety standards, identify best cardiovascular practices and care models, optimize the patient experience, and enhance physician and team member engagement. Drives a culture of excellence in support of the Baptist mission, vision, and values.Responsibilities
Requirements, Preferences and Experience Education
- 1.Reporting Relationships:
- Reports to Vice Presidents, Market Operations and the President and CEO for BMG.
- Works in close collaboration with entity leadership teams, physician constituents and advisory board, and other Baptist leaders in the advancement of an integrated continuum of care within the cardiovascular service line.
- Works in collaboration with BMHCC Executive Team regarding all essential functions to ensure clinical, business and operational strategies are in alignment with corporate/market initiatives.
- 2.Essential Functions:
- Provides administrative oversight, guidance and direction for the overall structure and strategic direction across the Baptist system to provide a comprehensive spectrum for cardiovascular services which is integrated, academically affiliated, and multidisciplinary to serve diverse populations in the communities/regions served.
- Develops, recommends, and implements the annual operating plans and programs necessary to meet strategic direction working in coordination with entity CEOs and other senior leaders.
- Provides financial oversight working in conjunction/partnership with entity CEOs and/or other key stakeholders ensure efficient resource allocation/utilization, development/implementation of productivity and workload standards, evaluation of skill mix, and capital and operational budget accountability in the administration of clinical and business goals for both inpatient and outpatient settings.
- Analyzes variety of data for clinical areas and other areas of responsibility to appropriately assess service and operational excellence. Evaluates, develops and implements evidence based "best care delivery models/practicesâ€� working closely with Vice Presidents of Operations, President and CEO of BMG, and other key organizational stakeholders to ensure compliance with all applicable regulatory agencies.
- Develops and implements improvement strategies to identify and streamline processes to deliver the highest quality and safety of care; focuses on strengthening continuous improvement methodologies, enhancing the overall patient/customer experience and care delivery, and reducing inefficiencies by utilizing such initiatives/tactics to augment operational excellence.
- Works in tandem with Baptist's Heart and Vascular Institute triad leadership model to provide cardiovascular service line leadership direction for operational efficiency, integration of services, quality outcomes, and strategic growth and development.
- Serves as a key administrative liaison/representative between Baptist and Stern Cardiovascular Foundation (Stern), a strategic joint venture partner, in the development/expansion and scalability of cardiovascular services and capabilities within the Baptist system. Works in close collaboration with Stern CEO and physician leaders to coordinate JV Board and Committee agendas/activities, deploy/evaluate clinical/business data to measure JV outcomes in areas of clinical quality, process improvement, innovations, and/or project management to meet designated milestones and deliverables.
- Supports and participates in physician recruitment efforts in conjunction with BMG and facility leadership. Collaborates with physician practice leaders to align CVSL strategic, operational, and financial goals.
- Participates in appropriate phases of project design, development, and/or deployment relative to cardiovascular services/care. Such projects may include, but are not limited to, Freestanding Ambulatory Surgery Centers, Connected Care initiatives, and/or other business transactions/arrangements requiring the establishment/expansion of cardiovascular services.
- Implements marketing/communication plans and branding campaigns in conjunction with Corporate Marketing Division as a means of increasing market share and creating community awareness for hospital and/or ambulatory services/offerings and capabilities.
- Serves as the administrative liaison for academic affiliations focusing on affiliation structure, research, education, training and program alignment with clinical operations.
- Performs other accountabilities as assigned or directed.
Minimum: Master's Degree in Business Administration, Health Care Administration or related fieldExperience
Minimum: 10 years' progressive, out-come oriented administrative experience in a hospital setting with 5 years' experience in a competitive health care marketLicensure, Registration, Certification
Minimum: BSRN preferredSpecial Skills
About Baptist Memorial Health Care
- Extensive knowledge of health care issues, trends, legal compliance, contracts and regulatory standards related to cardiovascular services.
- Ability to foster collaborative partnerships with administrative staff, physicians, and staff in the implementation and administration of care delivery models providing a full spectrum of cardiovascular services and program delivery within a service/market area.
- Ability to build a culture focused on Baptist's mission, vision, and values and Baptist CARES leadership system.
At Baptist, we owe our success to our colleagues, who have both technical expertise and a compassionate attitude. Every day they carry out Christ's three-fold ministry-healing, preaching and teaching. And, we reward their efforts with compensation and benefits packages that are highly competitive in the Mid-South health care community. For two consecutive years, Baptist has won a Best in Benefits award for offering the best benefit plans compared with their peer groups. Winners are chosen based on plan designs, premiums and the results of a Benefits Benchmarking Survey.At Baptist, We Offer:
- Competitive salaries
- Paid vacation/time off
- Continuing education opportunities
- Generous retirement plan
- Health insurance, including dental and vision
- Sick leave
- Service awards
- Free parking
- Short-term disability
- Life insurance
- Health care and dependent care spending accounts
- Education assistance/continuing education
- Employee referral program
Position: 59 - System Administrator-Cardiology
Facility: BMHCC Corporate Office
Department: HS G&A Metro Corporate
Category: Leadership & Administration
Type: Non Clinical
Work Type: Full Time
Work Schedule: Days
Located in the Memphis metro area