Develops, implements and manages various service line fund raising programs with a focus on major gifts. Serves as liaison for annual giving and major gifts fundraising between service lines and the Baptist Memorial Health Care Foundation as assigned by the Executive Director. Develops strategies for major gift prospects by using established fund raising protocols to cultivate support for the BMHC Foundation. Under the administrative direction of the Executive Director. Performs other duties as assigned.Responsibilities
Requirements, Preferences and Experience Education
- Takes a lead role in determining, evaluating and securing acceptance for the fund raising goals of the service lines and Foundation by working with administrators, medical staff and Foundation councils to assess needs and set goals to ensure that the fund raising goals and objectives are reasonable and achievable.
- Working in partnership with entity leadership, identifies prospects, plans and implements cultivation strategies and campaigns for major, deferred and annual gifts by utilizing established fund raising protocols to achieve the fund raising goals and objectives of the service lines and the Foundation.
- Establishes and maintains volunteer networks and fund raising councils by identifying the philanthropic interest of individuals, and enlisting their support in successful development program.
- Keeps informed on developments in the fields of law and taxation as they relate to giving by reading professional journals and attending seminars to be able to advise donors and prospects on tax advantages of various types of giving.
- Manages special projects and events as assigned by the Executive Director.
- Completes all assigned goals.
Minimum: Bachelor?s Degree in Marketing, Communication, Business Administration or closely related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience.Experience
Preferred: Substantial extra-curricular leadership activities or related work experience.
Minimum: Five (5) years of hospital, medical center or university experience. Proven success in balancing multiple projects, meeting deadlines and cultivating interpersonal relationships for purposes of fund raising and securing of major gifts.Licensure, Registration, Certification
Minimum: DRIVER'S LICENSE (CURRENT)Special Skills
Minimum: Knowledge of constituent-based philanthropy or marketing. Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.About Baptist Memorial Health Care
At Baptist, we owe our success to our colleagues, who have both technical expertise and a compassionate attitude. Every day they carry out Christ's three-fold ministry-healing, preaching and teaching. And, we reward their efforts with compensation and benefits packages that are highly competitive in the Mid-South health care community. For two consecutive years, Baptist has won a Best in Benefits award for offering the best benefit plans compared with their peer groups. Winners are chosen based on plan designs, premiums and the results of a Benefits Benchmarking Survey.At Baptist, We Offer:
- Competitive salaries
- Paid vacation/time off
- Continuing education opportunities
- Generous retirement plan
- Health insurance, including dental and vision
- Sick leave
- Service awards
- Free parking
- Short-term disability
- Life insurance
- Health care and dependent care spending accounts
- Education assistance/continuing education
- Employee referral program
Position: 1514 - Officer-Development Senior
Facility: BMHCC Corporate Office
Department: FN Administration BMHC Foundation
Category: Leadership & Administration
Type: Non Clinical
Work Type: Full Time
Work Schedule: Days
Located in the Memphis metro area