Performs a variety of medical physics services to include developing techniques used to standardize and calibrate imaging and therapy equipment; performs treatment planning for special cases and acts as a resource to other staff regarding treatment plans, simulations, and special device fabrication; validates the accuracy of the treatment plan and provides consultation to physicians per orders; performs acceptance testing, measurements, commissioning and ongoing quality assurance testing of linear accelerators, treatment planning systems, and physics equipment to establish accuracy and safety in accordance with hospital, state, federal, and accrediting body requirements.Responsibilities
Requirements, Preferences and Experience Education
- Coordinates treatment planning processes and other procedures as indicated.
- Oversees quality control measures.
- Collates and documents all aspects of physics services.
- Participates in performance improvement and radiation safety activities.
- Contributes to a positive work environment and the overall team effort of the department.
- Completes assigned goals.
Minimum: Masters Level Board Eligible in medical physics by the American Board of Radiology (ABR).Experience
Preferred: ABR Certified in Radiation Oncology with a minimum 2 years experience in a progressive cancer center/facility.
Minimum: ABR Certified in Radiation Oncology with a minimum 2 years experience in a progressive cancer center/facility.Licensure, Registration, Certification
Minimum: BLS WITHIN 30 DAYS OF HIRE;ABR ELIGIBLESpecial Skills
Minimum: Advanced computer skills.About Baptist Memorial Health Care
At Baptist, we owe our success to our colleagues, who have both technical expertise and a compassionate attitude. Every day they carry out Christ's three-fold ministry-healing, preaching and teaching. And, we reward their efforts with compensation and benefits packages that are highly competitive in the Mid-South health care community. For two consecutive years, Baptist has won a Best in Benefits award for offering the best benefit plans compared with their peer groups. Winners are chosen based on plan designs, premiums and the results of a Benefits Benchmarking Survey.At Baptist, We Offer:
- Competitive salaries
- Paid vacation/time off
- Continuing education opportunities
- Generous retirement plan
- Health insurance, including dental and vision
- Sick leave
- Service awards
- Free parking
- Short-term disability
- Life insurance
- Health care and dependent care spending accounts
- Education assistance/continuing education
- Employee referral program
Position: 12458 - Physicist-Medical
Department: JS Radiation Oncology MBMC
Category: Radiology & Imaging
Work Type: Full Time
Work Schedule: Days
Located in the Jackson, MS metro area