REMOTE WORK OPPORTUNITY AVAILABLESummary
Insures payor contracts are up-to-date in Epic so that expected payment amounts calculates correctly.Provides analytical support related to reimbursement to all levels of the organization.Assist hospital Business Offices in working payment variances in a timely manner.Assist with month end close process for Managed Care.Works to support the system in regards to insurance contracts and maintenance.This position is under the general direction of the Director of Managed Care-Finance. Responsibilities
• Using Epic contract modeling software, create and maintain complete and accurate reimbursement models based on payer agreements including Medicare, Medicaid, Blue Cross, and other payors
• Perform extensive review, analysis and interpretation of contract modeling results. Provide results of the analysis and impact contract corrections will have on current AR.
• Support contract negotiations using contract-modeling software to evaluate and create reimbursement proposals.
• Maintain collaborative relationships with Managed Care Contracting and Patient Accounting departments by sharing information regarding payor financial arrangements.
• Research and understand Medicare, Medicaid, and commercial payment methodologies and industry developments.
• Progress in knowledge of healthcare payment methodologies and contract modeling.
• Performs other duties as assigned. Requirements, Preferences and Experience
• Required: Bachelor's Degree in business, healthcare administration, accounting or finance
• Preferred: Master's Degree in business, healthcare administration, accounting or finance
• Required:5+ years Healthcare revenue cycle, accounting or finance, and information system related field.
• Preferred: Experience in Managed Care and payor contracting language, or reimbursement, or related field.
• Required: Uses effective project management skills, including project planning and tracking. Has an understanding of process improvement, Possesses strong analytical skills. About Baptist Memorial Health Care
At Baptist, we owe our success to our colleagues, who have both technical expertise and a compassionate attitude. Every day they carry out Christ's three-fold ministry-healing, preaching and teaching. And, we reward their efforts with compensation and benefits packages that are highly competitive in the Mid-South health care community. For two consecutive years, Baptist has won a Best in Benefits award for offering the best benefit plans compared with their peer groups. Winners are chosen based on plan designs, premiums and the results of a Benefits Benchmarking Survey.At Baptist, We Offer:
- Competitive salaries
- Paid vacation/time off
- Continuing education opportunities
- Generous retirement plan
- Health insurance, including dental and vision
- Sick leave
- Service awards
- Free parking
- Short-term disability
- Life insurance
- Health care and dependent care spending accounts
- Education assistance/continuing education
- Employee referral program
Position: 16065 - Analyst-Business Senior
Facility: BMHCC Corporate Office
Department: Revenue Cycle-Rev Enhancement
Category: Information Systems
Type: Non Clinical
Work Type: Full Time
Work Schedule: Days
Located in the Memphis metro area