Functions under the AST guidelines for performance. Handles instruments, supplies, and equipment necessary during the surgical procedure. Assists surgical team during operation/procedure by arranging, inventoring and maintaining sterile set up for operation, and passes items as needed. Assists in preparation of surgical suite, moving patients, and in cleaning. Provides aid in exposure, homeostasis, and other technical functions that will help the surgeon carry out safe operation with optimal results for the patient within AST standards. Performs other duties as assigned.Responsibilities
Requirements, Preferences and Experience Education
- Assists in performance of procedures for the surgical patient in a manner consistent with established policies and procedures.
- Assists in providing intraoperative care.
- Provides and utilizes equipment and supplies based on patient needs in a safely and adequate manner.
- Performs activities that demonstrate technical accountability.
- Participates in ongoing educational activities.
- Completes assigned goals.
Minimum: Hold National Certification established by the National Board of Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting (NBSTSA) with 2 years of experience as a surgical technologist. Skill in communicating clearly and effectively using standard English in written, oral and verbal format to achieve high productivity and efficiency. Skill to write legibly and record information accurately as necessary to perform job duties.Experience
Minimum: 2 years experience as a surgical tech.Licensure, Registration, Certification
Minimum: BLS certification within 14 days of hire dateSpecial Skills
Minimum: Computer literacy. Be a member of a professional organization.Training
Minimum: 20 hours of continuing education annuallyAbout Baptist Memorial Health Care
At Baptist, we owe our success to our colleagues, who have both technical expertise and a compassionate attitude. Every day they carry out Christ's three-fold ministry-healing, preaching and teaching. And, we reward their efforts with compensation and benefits packages that are highly competitive in the Mid-South health care community. For two consecutive years, Baptist has won a Best in Benefits award for offering the best benefit plans compared with their peer groups. Winners are chosen based on plan designs, premiums and the results of a Benefits Benchmarking Survey.At Baptist, We Offer:
- Competitive salaries
- Paid vacation/time off
- Continuing education opportunities
- Generous retirement plan
- Health insurance, including dental and vision
- Sick leave
- Service awards
- Free parking
- Short-term disability
- Life insurance
- Health care and dependent care spending accounts
- Education assistance/continuing education
- Employee referral program
Position: 11738 - Technologist-Surgical II
Facility: BMH-Crittenden Hospital
Department: CR OR Operating Room BMH Crittenden
Category: Clinical Technician/Technologist
Work Type: PRN
Work Schedule: Days
Location: US:AR:West Memphis
Located in the Memphis metro area