Provides Human Resource services to support the Company mission. Assists the Human Resources leadership team in providing operational support to various corporate entities. Provides policy interpretation, information, counseling, and support to leaders, managers and employees. Reviews planned disciplinary actions proposed by managers, and makes appropriate recommendations based on current policy for investigation, documentation, and alternative considerations/actions. Cooperates with external customers, e.g. applicants, state/federal agency officials; identifies needs; collects, evaluates, and reports timely to inquiries; and, follows through to case closure. Researches: collects, compiles and analyzes data; and provides input into report design/presentation of special projects, as assigned. This position is under the direction of the CAH Human Resources Supervisor . Performs other duties as assigned.Responsibilities
Requirements, Preferences and Experience Education
- Assists the Human Resources leadership team in providing operational support to various corporate entities.
- Maintains current knowledge of federal and state laws, and Baptist policies, which includes interpretation, sharing of information and providing timely counsel, providing Human Resources support to management and employees to assure fair and consistent application of rules, regulations, and protocols while minimizing legal risks and exposure to the Company.
- Assists HR leadership team with maintaining Joint Commission compliance and survey readiness.
- Provides assistance to employees and managers surrounding work related issues.
- Possesses and demonstrates the necessary traits and characteristics to promote positive teamwork, internal and external customer service.
- Clarifies inquiries, cooperates with external customers, e.g., applicants, state/federal agency officials, labor counsel, to identify needs and meet requirements.
- Completes assigned goals.
Preferred: Masters degree in Human Resource Management in Business Administration or related field.
Minimum: Baccalaureate degree in Human Resources, business administration or related field or direct equivalent years of experience. Experience
Minimum: 2 years directly related experience in Human Resources. Special Skills
Preferred: Intermediate to advanced experience with all Microsoft products and their associated programs.
Minimum: Ability to operate standard office equipment. Proficient in Excel, Word, PowerPoint. Ability to speak and present detailed information in front of large groups as required. Previous experience using automated HR/Payroll system. About Baptist Memorial Health Care
At Baptist, we owe our success to our colleagues, who have both technical expertise and a compassionate attitude. Every day they carry out Christ's three-fold ministry-healing, preaching and teaching. And, we reward their efforts with compensation and benefits packages that are highly competitive in the Mid-South health care community. For two consecutive years, Baptist has won a Best in Benefits award for offering the best benefit plans compared with their peer groups. Winners are chosen based on plan designs, premiums and the results of a Benefits Benchmarking Survey.At Baptist, We Offer:
- Competitive salaries
- Paid vacation/time off
- Continuing education opportunities
- Generous retirement plan
- Health insurance, including dental and vision
- Sick leave
- Service awards
- Free parking
- Short-term disability
- Life insurance
- Health care and dependent care spending accounts
- Education assistance/continuing education
- Employee referral program
Position: 14466 - Representative-Human Resources
Facility: BMC-Attala Critical Access Hospital
Department: AT HRD CAH Attala
Category: Human Resources
Type: Non Clinical
Work Type: Full Time
Work Schedule: Days
Located in the Jackson, MS metro area