Social Worker LSW - JS Case Management Administration MBMC
Job ID: 5791
Job Category: Social Services
Job Type: Clinical
Work Type: PRN
Work Schedule: Days
Provides a wide array of social work services to patients and families, including performing psychosocial assessments, developing and coordinating discharge plans to insure continuity of care, and providing supportive counseling to enhance coping and functioning ability. May be asked to resolve issues occuring on all shifts, 7 days a week. Reports to Supervisor of Case Management/Director of Quality Case Management. Performs other duties as assigned.Responsibilities
Requirements, Preferences and Experience Education
- Utilizes social work skills by conducting psychosocial assessments of patients and families of all ages to determine support and discharge planning needs.
- Coordinates and collaborates discharge plans for patients and families with other healthcare providers by insuring a smooth transition from one level of care to another while maintaining an appropriate length of stay.
- Provides supportive counseling to individuals, families and groups to address identified concerns and to enhance understanding of, coping with, and adjustment to illness/hospitalization.
- Maintains current knowledge of and accessibility to community resources, placement facilities, and financial agencies to meet patient and family needs.
- Collaborates with healthcare team members by sharing pertinent information to develop a comprehensive and appropriate discharge plan for patients and families.
- Complies with policies that support patient?s fundamental right to considerate care, protect their personal dignity and respect their cultural, psychosocial and spiritual values in an effort to meet patient?s care needs and preferences.
- Completes assigned goals.
Preferred: MS -- prefer LMSW or LCSW
Minimum: MS -- must be licensed -- LSWExperience
Preferred: 3 years of experience in clinical social work.
Minimum: 3 years of experience in clinical social work.Licensure, Registration, Certification
Minimum: LSWSpecial Skills
Minimum: Advanced communication, conflict management, organizational and planning skills. Basic computer literacy skills.About Baptist Memorial Health Care
At Baptist, we owe our success to our colleagues, who have both technical expertise and a compassionate attitude. Every day they carry out Christ's three-fold ministry-healing, preaching and teaching. And, we reward their efforts with compensation and benefits packages that are highly competitive in the Mid-South health care community. For two consecutive years, Baptist has won a Best in Benefits award for offering the best benefit plans compared with their peer groups. Winners are chosen based on plan designs, premiums and the results of a Benefits Benchmarking Survey.At Baptist, We Offer:
- Competitive salaries
- Paid vacation/time off
- Continuing education opportunities
- Generous retirement plan
- Health insurance, including dental and vision
- Sick leave
- Service awards
- Free parking
- Short-term disability
- Life insurance
- Health care and dependent care spending accounts
- Education assistance/continuing education
- Employee referral program
Position: 11401 - Social Worker LSW
Department: JS Case Management Administration MBMC
Category: Social Services
Work Type: PRN
Work Schedule: Days
Located in the Jackson, MS metro area