Provides respiratory care using critical thinking skills learned and refined through education to become a Respiratory Therapist.
A Graduate Respiratory Therapist demonstrates these skills by having being submitted to work as a Respiratory Therapist via a Work Permit submitted from the state or successfully passing the correct percentage of written examination administered by the National Board for Respiratory Care (NBRC), indicating their successful completion of the exam which allows the licensure level of Certified Respiratory Therapist to be applied.
Graduate Respiratory Therapist assesses and evaluates results, and implements complex methods of providing care. Participates in the delivery of care and functions as a specialty clinical resource for other caregivers. Provides a caring relationship that facilitates health and healing. Performs other job duties as assigned. This position will be one that will be for applicants who are within 12 months of graduating from an accredited Respiratory Therapy Program and are awaiting the completion of their certification and Registry examinations, but have been submitted a Work permit from the state of Tennessee allowing them to be able to functions as a Respiratory Therapist for a limit of 6 months under the permit or until Registry exam completion. Responsibilities
• Assesses the patient.
• Develops the plan of care in conjunction/collaboration with a licensed RRT level therapist.
• Implements the plan of care.
• Evaluates the plan of care.
• Administers medications as prescribed.
• Provides patient, family, and/or significant other health teaching/education.
• Participates in activities designed to improve health care delivery.
• Communicates/collaborates with others in providing patient care.
• Supports life-long learning.
• Completes assigned goals.Requirements, Preferences and Experience
Academic and clinical preparation must have been acquired within prior 12 months
TN-proof of completion of academic and clinical preparation in a respiratory care program approved by CAAHEP in collaboration with CoARC or their successor
TN-High school diploma or equivalent and complete training in respiratory care program which has been approved by TN Respiratory Care Examining Committee About Baptist Memorial Health Care
At Baptist, we owe our success to our colleagues, who have both technical expertise and a compassionate attitude. Every day they carry out Christ's three-fold ministry-healing, preaching and teaching. And, we reward their efforts with compensation and benefits packages that are highly competitive in the Mid-South health care community. For two consecutive years, Baptist has won a Best in Benefits award for offering the best benefit plans compared with their peer groups. Winners are chosen based on plan designs, premiums and the results of a Benefits Benchmarking Survey.At Baptist, We Offer:
- Competitive salaries
- Paid vacation/time off
- Continuing education opportunities
- Generous retirement plan
- Health insurance, including dental and vision
- Sick leave
- Service awards
- Free parking
- Short-term disability
- Life insurance
- Health care and dependent care spending accounts
- Education assistance/continuing education
- Employee referral program
Position: 17195 - Therapist-Respiratory Graduate
Facility: BMH-Memphis Hospital
Department: ME Respiratory Therapy Baptist Memphis
Category: Respiratory Care Services
Work Type: Full Time
Work Schedule: Days
Located in the Memphis metro area