Responsible for coordinating invoices, check requests and other information needed between the local facility and centralized Accounts Payable Department. Assist in the daily reconciliations of cash posting activities to the general ledger. Assist with preparation and posting of journal entries into the general ledger. Receive and assist customers of the Accounting Department (internal and external) in a courteous, friendly and professional manner. Perform all clerical duties related to the efficient functioning of the department, including, but not limited to, maintaining accurate files, assisting with documentation, preparing reports, and answering the telephone.Responsibilities
Requirements, Preferences and Experience Education
- Serve as a liaison between centralized Accounts Payable & local facility, including the exchange of documentation, coding and approvals needed to appropriately and accurately process accounts payable invoices, including facilitating the processing of Accounts Payable checks that need to be printed locally. Maintain pre-approval listings, recurring check requests, etc
- Prepare and post journal entries in the general ledger.
- Perform various recordkeeping responsibilities to assist in maintaining accurate records required by the Accounting Department.
- Assist with the daily reconciliation of general ledger cash postings to bank activity.
- Complete special projects as assigned.
Preferred: Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business.
Minimum: HS Diploma or equivalentExperience
Minimum: One (1) year of experience in Accounting or Finance. Special Skills
Minimum: Spreadsheet skills, word processing skills, 10 key calculator, computerized financial systems, good communication and customer service skillsAbout Baptist Memorial Health Care
At Baptist, we owe our success to our colleagues, who have both technical expertise and a compassionate attitude. Every day they carry out Christ's three-fold ministry-healing, preaching and teaching. And, we reward their efforts with compensation and benefits packages that are highly competitive in the Mid-South health care community. For two consecutive years, Baptist has won a Best in Benefits award for offering the best benefit plans compared with their peer groups. Winners are chosen based on plan designs, premiums and the results of a Benefits Benchmarking Survey.At Baptist, We Offer:
- Competitive salaries
- Paid vacation/time off
- Continuing education opportunities
- Generous retirement plan
- Health insurance, including dental and vision
- Sick leave
- Service awards
- Free parking
- Short-term disability
- Life insurance
- Health care and dependent care spending accounts
- Education assistance/continuing education
- Employee referral program
Position: 11766 - Coordinator-Accounting
Facility: MBMC-Medical Arts West
Department: JS Accounting Services MBMC
Category: Finance and Accounting
Type: Non Clinical
Work Type: Full Time
Work Schedule: Days
Located in the Jackson, MS metro area