Advises employees and managers on Baptist's Leave program and manages all functions of Leave of Absences to assure appropriate information, evaluation, and services are provided to employees.
• Analyzes leave requests to determine employee eligibility and certification in compliance with state and federal regulations as well as resolves eligibility issues assists managers in the development of alternate work arrangements or coordination of coverage, and manages employee return to work.
• Records leaves and adjusts time or pay in conjunction with payroll and HR.
• Ensures compliance with internal and external policies and regulations.
• Responsible for supporting all employee leave of absence matters to include extended leave and long term disability
• Administers Paid Sick Leave Program
• Ensures all leave transactions are entered into the leave tracking. Performs periodic audits to ensure system is accurate and up-to-date and produces metrics as needed.
• Performs other duties as necessary
Requirements, Preferences and Experience
Strong computer and HR database skills required
Two years of HR experience supporting HR processes and systems including leave management administration
Strong knowledge of FMLA/ADA regulations and leave management processes and systems are essential
Associate's Degree or two years of HR experience supporting HR processes and systems including leave management administration
Bachelor's Degree or four years
of HR experience supporting HR processes and systems including leave management administration
About Baptist Memorial Health Care
At Baptist, we owe our success to our colleagues, who have both technical expertise and a compassionate attitude. Every day they carry out Christ's three-fold ministry-healing, preaching and teaching. And, we reward their efforts with compensation and benefits packages that are highly competitive in the Mid-South health care community. For two consecutive years, Baptist has won a Best in Benefits award for offering the best benefit plans compared with their peer groups. Winners are chosen based on plan designs, premiums and the results of a Benefits Benchmarking Survey.
At Baptist, We Offer:
- Competitive salaries
- Paid vacation/time off
- Continuing education opportunities
- Generous retirement plan
- Health insurance, including dental and vision
- Sick leave
- Service awards
- Free parking
- Short-term disability
- Life insurance
- Health care and dependent care spending accounts
- Education assistance/continuing education
- Employee referral program
Position: 17218 - Coordinator-Leave of Absence
Facility: BMH-Memphis Hospital
Department: HS HRD Employee Health Service Corporate
Category: Administrative Non Clinical Support
Type: Non Clinical
Work Type: Full Time
Work Schedule: Days
Located in the Memphis metro area