Advises employees and managers on Baptist's Leave program and manages all functions of Leave of Absences to assure appropriate information, evaluation, and services are provided to employees.Responsibilities
* Analyzes leave requests to determine employee eligibility and certification in compliance with state and federal regulations, as well as resolves eligibility issues; assists managers in the development of alternate work arrangements or coordination of coverage, and manages employee return to work.
* Records leaves and adjusts time or pay in conjunction with payroll and HR.
* Ensures compliance with internal and external policies and regulations.
* Responsible for supporting all employee leave of absence matters to include extended leave and long term disability.
* Administers Paid Sick Leave Program
* Ensures all leave transactions are entered into the leave tracking. Performs periodic audits to ensure system is accurate and up-to-date and produces metrics as needed.
* Performs other duties as necessary.Requirements, Preferences and Experience Experience: Minimum Required
: Strong computer and HR database skills required. Preferred/Desired:
Two years of HR experience supporting HR processes and systems including leave management administration. Strong knowledge of FMLA/ADA regulations and leave management processes and systems are essential.Education: Minimum Required:
Associate's Degree or two years of HR experience supporting HR processes and systems including leave management administration. Preferred/Desired:
Bachelor's Degree or four years of HR experience supporting HR processes and systems including leave management administration.Special Skills:
Computer LiteracyAbout Baptist Memorial Health Care
At Baptist, we owe our success to our colleagues, who have both technical expertise and a compassionate attitude. Every day they carry out Christ's three-fold ministry-healing, preaching and teaching. And, we reward their efforts with compensation and benefits packages that are highly competitive in the Mid-South health care community. For two consecutive years, Baptist has won a Best in Benefits award for offering the best benefit plans compared with their peer groups. Winners are chosen based on plan designs, premiums and the results of a Benefits Benchmarking Survey.At Baptist, We Offer:
- Competitive salaries
- Paid vacation/time off
- Continuing education opportunities
- Generous retirement plan
- Health insurance, including dental and vision
- Sick leave
- Service awards
- Free parking
- Short-term disability
- Life insurance
- Health care and dependent care spending accounts
- Education assistance/continuing education
- Employee referral program
Position: 17224 - Coordinator-Leave of Absence
Department: JS HRD Employee Health Services
Category: Administrative Non Clinical Support
Type: Non Clinical
Work Type: Full Time
Work Schedule: Days
Located in the Jackson, MS metro area