Serves as leadership for the department programs through effective planning and resource management in order to maximize program outcomes and contributions to overall organizational performance. Establishes and monitors implementation of policies and procedures for assigned area as necessary for effective learning/teaching, curriculum development and student success, under the general direction of the Senior Associate Dean for Clinical Affairs. Incumbents are subject to hours beyond the normal workday. This position is considered a Campus Security Authority (CSA) and works with other CSA's on the College campus. Plans, directs, implements programs, policies and procedures for the College of Osteopathic Medicine (COM) Department of Osteopathic Principles and Practices/Osteopathic Manipulative Medicine (OPP/OMM) that ensures the integration of scientifically based, outcome evaluated clinical knowledge and skills, biomedical sciences, and osteopathic principles and practices for predoctoral and/or postdoctoral students. Provides service to the university and professional communities and engages in innovative scholarship and research to advance medical knowledge.Responsibilities
Requirements, Preferences and Experience Education
- Assists with development and implementation of strategic planning initiatives at the College, University, and department level. Assists with monitoring and evaluating effectiveness of COM programs. Contributes and assists with changes required for improvement. Develops strategies, and designs, creates, and implements programs for students' academic success in OPP/OMM in medical school and/or residency.
- Assists with Enrollment Management initiatives of the COM and University as applicable.
- Provides administrative oversight and evaluation of department activities, to create a positive learning environment according to policies and procedures of the COM and University.
- Responsible for and facilitates the development and implementation of OPP/OMM curricula that promotes student learning outcomes that meet accreditation standards of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC), Commission on Osteopathic College Accreditation (COCA), Accreditation Council Graduate Medical Education (ACGME), and professional accrediting agencies.
- Orchestrates operational management of the department through interviewing, selecting, training, and evaluating faculty and staff to promote quality instruction, satisfaction, and development.
- Assists with the preparation and administration of the department operational/capital budgets.
- Responsible for the department compliance with external requirements, including but not limited to SACSCOC, COCA, ACGME, and other professional accrediting agencies.
- Engages in teaching, practice and/or research as compatible with individual scholarship goals, and as an expectation of COCA requirements as appropriate.
- Performs related accountabilities and responsibilities as required or directed.
Desired: Terminal degree (Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine) with current Board Certification from American Osteopathic Board of Neuromusculoskeletal Medicine (AOBNMM) or a Certificate of Special Proficiency in OMM (C-SPOMM)
Desired: Seven (7) years of Full-time faculty experience in medical educationSeven (7) years of progressive and significant educational leadership in educational program(s) or related area of practice. Proficiency in applying advanced concepts, principles, and techniques of learning theories, educational practices and procedures.Demonstrated ability to develop, manage, promote, and evaluate academic/educational programs, faculty, and staff.
Minimum: Licensure, Registration, Certification
Desired: Good standing with all regulatory and governmental boards and agencies.Eligible for coverage by college's malpractice insurer.Current license/certification to practice in the State of Tennessee, as appropriate.
Minimum: About Baptist Memorial Health Care
At Baptist, we owe our success to our colleagues, who have both technical expertise and a compassionate attitude. Every day they carry out Christ's three-fold ministry-healing, preaching and teaching. And, we reward their efforts with compensation and benefits packages that are highly competitive in the Mid-South health care community. For two consecutive years, Baptist has won a Best in Benefits award for offering the best benefit plans compared with their peer groups. Winners are chosen based on plan designs, premiums and the results of a Benefits Benchmarking Survey.At Baptist, We Offer:
- Competitive salaries
- Paid vacation/time off
- Continuing education opportunities
- Generous retirement plan
- Health insurance, including dental and vision
- Sick leave
- Service awards
- Free parking
- Short-term disability
- Life insurance
- Health care and dependent care spending accounts
- Education assistance/continuing education
- Employee referral program
Position: 17147 - Dean - Assistant Osteopathic Manipulative Medicine
Facility: Baptist Health Sciences University
Department: CS Medical Education University
Category: Leadership & Administration
Type: Non Clinical
Work Type: Full Time
Work Schedule: Days
Located in the Memphis metro area