Trains new staff members in all aspects of transportation, both policy and procedures, under the direct supervision of the Manager. Creates schedules, handles PTO requests and assists manager with productivity, attendance, and escorts.Responsibilities
Requirements, Preferences and Experience Education
- Coordinates activities and communicates with the transportation manager regarding inservice and training of personnel.
- Provides input on transportation employee's performance evaluation in matters relating to employee training, orientation, and ensures all staff have been properly trained.
- Performs duties of a transporter as needed to meet department volumes.
- Establishes work schedules for staff to include planning for hospital volumes and requests for time off form staff.
- Completes assigned goals.
Preferred: HS diploma or GED.
Minimum: Knowledge, skills and mental development equivalent to completion of 4 years of high school, or an acceptable equivalent combination of education and experience.Experience
Preferred: 7 years as acquired through hospital experience.
Minimum: 5 years as acquired through hospital experience.Licensure, Registration, Certification
Minimum: DRIVER'S LICENSE (CURRENT)Special Skills
Minimum: Basic Computer skills.Training
Minimum: 5-7 years as acquired through hospital. experience.About Baptist Memorial Health Care
At Baptist, we owe our success to our colleagues, who have both technical expertise and a compassionate attitude. Every day they carry out Christ's three-fold ministry-healing, preaching and teaching. And, we reward their efforts with compensation and benefits packages that are highly competitive in the Mid-South health care community. For two consecutive years, Baptist has won a Best in Benefits award for offering the best benefit plans compared with their peer groups. Winners are chosen based on plan designs, premiums and the results of a Benefits Benchmarking Survey.At Baptist, We Offer:
- Competitive salaries
- Paid vacation/time off
- Continuing education opportunities
- Generous retirement plan
- Health insurance, including dental and vision
- Sick leave
- Service awards
- Free parking
- Short-term disability
- Life insurance
- Health care and dependent care spending accounts
- Education assistance/continuing education
- Employee referral program
Position: 6072 - Dispatcher-Transportation Lead
Facility: BMH-Desoto Hospital
Department: DC Transportation BMH Desoto
Category: Facilities & Security
Type: Non Clinical
Work Type: Part Time
Work Schedule: Rotating
Located in the Memphis metro area