Responsible for the timely follow-up and completion of all insurance billing functions, both paper and electronic claims. Performs other duties as assigned.Responsibilities
Requirements, Preferences and Experience Education
- Verifys, bills, and collects all insurance and TPA claims on a daily basis according to payer guidelines.
- Handles telephone communication with patients, insurance companies and other hospital personnel.
- Works all insurance denials via paper and/or electronic in work queues.
- Maintains credit balance reports to ensure prompt and accurate refunds and/or adjustments to accounts.
- Monitors all electronic and/or paper claim status. i.e. Medicare, follow up spreadsheet, etc.
- Completes assigned goals
Preferred: Competent in the medical billing cycle to include third party payers, coding concepts and form preparation.
Minimum: Skill in communicating clearly and effectively using standard English in written, oral and verbal format to achieve high productivity and efficiency. Skill to write legibly and record information accurately as necessary to perform job duties.Experience
Preferred: Experience in Medical collections on the hospital side to handle collection calls to medical insurance companies on current claims and rebills.
Minimum: One year customer service, collections or third party collections. Indication of good customer skills a plusSpecial Skills
Preferred: Knowledge of insurance billing and collections. Knowledge of insurance guidelines. Effective verbal and written communication skills. Effective customer service skills.
Minimum: Ability to type and/or key accurately, problem solving, written and oral communication skills, financial counseling skills.Training
Preferred: PC skill workshops, medical terminology course, customer relations skill sets.
Minimum: Customer relations skill sets.About Baptist Memorial Health Care
At Baptist, we owe our success to our colleagues, who have both technical expertise and a compassionate attitude. Every day they carry out Christ's three-fold ministry-healing, preaching and teaching. And, we reward their efforts with compensation and benefits packages that are highly competitive in the Mid-South health care community. For two consecutive years, Baptist has won a Best in Benefits award for offering the best benefit plans compared with their peer groups. Winners are chosen based on plan designs, premiums and the results of a Benefits Benchmarking Survey.At Baptist, We Offer:
- Competitive salaries
- Paid vacation/time off
- Continuing education opportunities
- Generous retirement plan
- Health insurance, including dental and vision
- Sick leave
- Service awards
- Free parking
- Short-term disability
- Life insurance
- Health care and dependent care spending accounts
- Education assistance/continuing education
- Employee referral program
Position: 16784 - Specialist-Insurance Recovery
Facility: Medical Financial Services
Department: FS Medical Financial Services MFS
Category: Finance and Accounting
Type: Non Clinical
Work Type: Full Time
Work Schedule: Days
Located in the Memphis metro area