Provides age-specific pharmaceutical care and basic clinical services for assigned patient care areas. Contributes to goals, programs, QA, PI and other activities for their unit/department/hospital. Performs other duties as assigned.Responsibilities
Requirements, Preferences and Experience Education
- Manages medication orders including age-specific considerations to ensure medication safety (i.e. processing, preparation and dispensing).
- Participates in pharmacotherapeutic plan processes.
- Manages own pharmacy practice effectively.
- Supervises and directs healthcare team members.
- Processes and prepares sterile products for dispensing.
- Contributes to goals, programs and report cards for unit/department/hospital.
- Provides drug information.
- Provides education.
- Participates actively on inter and intra-departmental committees.
- Maximizes safety and efficiency through appropriate use of automation.
- Completes assigned goals.
Minimum: Bachelor of Science (B.S.) or Doctor of Pharmacy (Pharm.D.).Experience
Preferred: One year of hospital pharmacy experience.Licensure, Registration, Certification
Minimum: PHARMACIST-FOR APPROPRIATE STATESpecial Skills
Preferred: Advanced computer order entry literacy, Microsoft Office applications, clinical experience. High-level cognitive ability to interpret and understand written medication orders and reference materials.
Minimum: Basic computer literacy and communication skills. Cognitive ability to interpret and understand written medication orders and reference materials; accuracy and attention to detail required.Training
Preferred: BLS and/or ACLS certification, advanced post-graduate training or equivalent clinical experience.About Baptist Memorial Health Care
At Baptist, we owe our success to our colleagues, who have both technical expertise and a compassionate attitude. Every day they carry out Christ's three-fold ministry-healing, preaching and teaching. And, we reward their efforts with compensation and benefits packages that are highly competitive in the Mid-South health care community. For two consecutive years, Baptist has won a Best in Benefits award for offering the best benefit plans compared with their peer groups. Winners are chosen based on plan designs, premiums and the results of a Benefits Benchmarking Survey.At Baptist, We Offer:
- Competitive salaries
- Paid vacation/time off
- Continuing education opportunities
- Generous retirement plan
- Health insurance, including dental and vision
- Sick leave
- Service awards
- Free parking
- Short-term disability
- Life insurance
- Health care and dependent care spending accounts
- Education assistance/continuing education
- Employee referral program
Position: 17258 - Pharmacist-Clinical Staff PRN I
Facility: BMH-Collierville Hospital
Department: CL Pharmacy BMH Collierville
Category: Pharmacy Services
Work Type: PRN
Work Schedule: Rotating
Located in the Memphis metro area