Demonstrates accountability for radiology by effective management of personnel and financial resources to achieve quality patient outcomes for adolescent, adult and geriatric patients and the goals of the institution. Under the general direction of the Administrator, the incumbent is responsible for daily operations in assigned area 24 hours/day, 7 days/week. Subject to overtime and call back as required by the hospital.Responsibilities
Requirements, Preferences and Experience Education
- Assesses, plans for, implements use of, and evaluates services and equipment to meet the needs of the customer and enhance the department's contribution to overall hospital outcomes.
- Directs radiology functions through scheduling and evaluation of personnel, acquisition of supplies, organization of clinical activities, and communication within the department and with all services in order to deliver efficient and accurate patient care for adolescents, adults and geriatrics.
- Administers performance improvement activities to ensure quality is consistent with established standards.
- Provides and supports learning needs through direction of educational activities that promote continuous improvement and compliance with patient care standards.
Minimum: Skill and proficiency in the concepts, principles and techniques of the field of radiology as acquired by meeting the requirements to be eligible to become registered by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT)), or American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonographer (ARDMS), or Nuclear Medicine Technology Certification Board (NMTCB) Experience
Minimum: Technical supervising and management skills acquired through three (3) years progressive clinical or supervisory experience in Radiology. Knowledge of radiation therapy equipment normally acquired through three (3) years experience in a high volume radiologyLicensure, Registration, Certification
Minimum: Registration by the American registry of Radiologic Technologist (ARRT), ARDMS, or NMTCB. Basic Life Support Certification within 14 days of hireAbout Baptist Memorial Health Care
At Baptist, we owe our success to our colleagues, who have both technical expertise and a compassionate attitude. Every day they carry out Christ's three-fold ministry-healing, preaching and teaching. And, we reward their efforts with compensation and benefits packages that are highly competitive in the Mid-South health care community. For two consecutive years, Baptist has won a Best in Benefits award for offering the best benefit plans compared with their peer groups. Winners are chosen based on plan designs, premiums and the results of a Benefits Benchmarking Survey.At Baptist, We Offer:
- Competitive salaries
- Paid vacation/time off
- Continuing education opportunities
- Generous retirement plan
- Health insurance, including dental and vision
- Sick leave
- Service awards
- Free parking
- Short-term disability
- Life insurance
- Health care and dependent care spending accounts
- Education assistance/continuing education
- Employee referral program
Position: 10410 - Manager-Radiology
Facility: BMH-Crittenden Hospital
Department: CR Rad Diagnostics BMH Crittenden
Category: Radiology & Imaging
Work Type: Full Time
Work Schedule: Days
Location: US:AR:West Memphis
Located in the Memphis metro area