Improves patient's quality of life by providing comprehensive clinical services to patients in area of expertise to ensure optimal medication use and effective resource management, while considering pharmacoeconomic principles across the healthcare system. Works in collaboration with health care team members to accomplish goals. Performs other duties as assigned.Responsibilities
Requirements, Preferences and Experience Education
- Manages own pharmacy practice effectively.
- Contributes to goals, programs and report cards for unit/department/hospital.
- Participates in pharmacotherapeutic plan processes.
- Participates actively on inter and intra-departmental committees.
- Supervises and directs healthcare team members.
- Provides education.
- Provides drug information.
- Participates in projects and studies to enhance professional knowledge and patient care.
- Manages medication orders including age-specific considerations to ensure medications safety (i.e. processing, preparation and dispensing).
- Processes and prepares sterile products for dispensing.
- Completes assigned goals.
Preferred: Post-graduate education in health-system pharmacy services.
Minimum: Bachelor of Science (B.S.) or Doctor of Pharmacy (Pharm.D.).Experience
Minimum: N/ALicensure, Registration, Certification
Minimum: PHARMACIST-FOR APPROPRIATE STATESpecial Skills
Preferred: Membership with state and/or national hospital pharmacy associations.
Minimum: Advanced communication skills and computer skills, including Microsoft Office applications. High-level cognitive ability to interpret and assess written medication orders to ensure optimal medication use. Teaching skills and qualified to precept residents, students, interns and externs.Training
Preferred: PGY-2 Pharmacy Residency and/or Pharmacy Board Certification, BLS and ACLS certifications and/or equivalent experience of greater than three years.
Minimum: PGY-1 Pharmacy Residency and/or equivalent clinical experience of three years.About Baptist Memorial Health Care
At Baptist, we owe our success to our colleagues, who have both technical expertise and a compassionate attitude. Every day they carry out Christ's three-fold ministry-healing, preaching and teaching. And, we reward their efforts with compensation and benefits packages that are highly competitive in the Mid-South health care community. For two consecutive years, Baptist has won a Best in Benefits award for offering the best benefit plans compared with their peer groups. Winners are chosen based on plan designs, premiums and the results of a Benefits Benchmarking Survey.At Baptist, We Offer:
- Competitive salaries
- Paid vacation/time off
- Continuing education opportunities
- Generous retirement plan
- Health insurance, including dental and vision
- Sick leave
- Service awards
- Free parking
- Short-term disability
- Life insurance
- Health care and dependent care spending accounts
- Education assistance/continuing education
- Employee referral program
Position: 14382 - Specialist-Pharmacist
Facility: BMH-NEA Hospital
Department: JO Pharmacy NEA Baptist Jonesboro
Category: Pharmacy Services
Work Type: Full Time
Work Schedule: Days
Located in the Jonesboro and Northeast Arkansas metro area