Director-Physician Compliance - MG Executive Corporate
Job ID: 9170
Job Category: Leadership & Administration
Job Type: Non Clinical
Work Type: Full Time
Work Schedule: Days
Leads the direction and management of BMG compliance program and day-to-day operations, including implementing education and training, resources, as well as initiating compliance projects to ensure organizational integrity. Works in coordination with BMG CEO, Baptist's Chief Legal Officer, System Director, Physician Compliance, and other key stakeholders in order to coordinate physician compliance strategies in alignment with Baptist's system initiatives.Responsibilities
Requirements, Preferences and Experience
- Compliance, and other key stakeholders in order to coordinate physician compliance strategies in alignment with Baptist's system initiatives.
- Promotes a culture of compliance throughout the BMG, serving as a compliance expert resource for physician practices.
- Works in close collaboration with BMG CEO and/or Senior Leadership team and Baptist Chief Legal Officer and/or selected corporate leadership designee(s) by providing independent assessments of the BMG physician contractual arrangements/affiliations, comparing those to regulatory requirements, and implementing plans to address risk areas identified.
- Manages maintenance processes for physician employment contracts to meet Stark requirements and internal requirements.
- Provides insight into the BMG risk assessment plans, as applicable, regarding physician practices in order to audit and/or otherwise review those areas identified as risk areas.
- Oversees the BMG physician practices to assess compliance with agreements, regulations, and government agencies to include but not limited to documentation of services provided and maintaining logs as required for administrative functions.
- Increases communications with employed physicians groups to establish working relationships which encourage consistency with compliance practices and expectations for BMG physician's population throughout the Baptist system.
- Leads discussions and develops projects to identify and mitigate compliance issues in practice areas.
- Participates in BMG physician leadership meetings to promote compliance initiatives, updates, and education in order to respond to concerns raised by employed physicians.
- Participates in the development and deployment of policies and procedures related to physician compensation.
- Oversees development of analytics and reporting processes for employed physician compensation.
- Reviews employed physician compensation plan calculations, analytics and compliance.
- Deploys BMG policies and procedures related to compliance and physician compensation.
- Provides BMG fair market value oversight for new contract development with internal analysis and 3rd party experts as needed.
- Works with BMG senior leadership on the development of physician compensation models.
- Consults with System Director, Physician Compliance and Corporate Legal, as appropriate and needed, to address and/or resolve complex physician and/or practice issues.
- Performs other duties as assigned or directed.
About Baptist Memorial Health Care
- Master's degree in healthcare administration, finance or management required.
- 7 years of experience in healthcare administration or finance. 3 years compliance experience. Group practice experience a plus. Strong healthcare financial management and analytical skills.
- Knowledge of healthcare regulations and laws to include but not limited to Stark, Fraud and Abuse, Anti-kickback, and IRS.
- Leadership skills and the ability to lead teams and/or projects across departments or entities.
- Strong computer skill set with Microsoft Office programs, particularly with Excel and experience using reports from health care financial management or clinical systems and database management systems.
- Excellent communication (both written and verbal) and organizational skills.
- Ability to maintain cooperative work relationships with Baptist Senior Leadership, BMG physician leaders and constituents, and other key stakeholders to drive change.
At Baptist, we owe our success to our colleagues, who have both technical expertise and a compassionate attitude. Every day they carry out Christ's three-fold ministry-healing, preaching and teaching. And, we reward their efforts with compensation and benefits packages that are highly competitive in the Mid-South health care community. For two consecutive years, Baptist has won a Best in Benefits award for offering the best benefit plans compared with their peer groups. Winners are chosen based on plan designs, premiums and the results of a Benefits Benchmarking Survey.At Baptist, We Offer:
- Competitive salaries
- Paid vacation/time off
- Continuing education opportunities
- Generous retirement plan
- Health insurance, including dental and vision
- Sick leave
- Service awards
- Free parking
- Short-term disability
- Life insurance
- Health care and dependent care spending accounts
- Education assistance/continuing education
- Employee referral program
Position: 14026 - Director-Physician Compliance
Department: MG Executive Corporate
Category: Leadership & Administration
Type: Non Clinical
Work Type: Full Time
Work Schedule: Days
Located in the Memphis metro area