Serves as the human resources (HR) leader in directing and successfully managing all facets of HR operations for Baptist, Memphis while also carrying out the strategic imperatives of BMHCC working closely with Corporate Human Resources. Responsibilities include, but not limited to, spearheading entity strategies and programs through continuous improvement, strengthening leadership capabilities, promoting team member engagement, and fostering a culture based upon Baptist's mission, vision, and values. Works in close coordination with Corporate Human Resources leadership to ensure strategic and/or tactical alignment with human resources business initiatives, processes and communication plans in support of system-wide goal attainment. Reports to Baptist - Memphis CEO and has a matrix reporting relationship working in close coordination to BMHCC Chief Human Resources Officer for Market Operations and other members of Corporate Human Resources leadership team in all functional areas. Serves as an integral member of the Baptist - Memphis senior leadership team to lead HR initiatives and drive alignment, accountability, scalability, engagement, and a culture of respect.Responsibilities
- Possesses a keen understanding of the overarching Baptist-Memphis business strategy, which focuses on operational efficiencies, service excellence, and distinguished patient experience.
- Serves as a key advisor and business partner to the CEO and Baptist Memphis Leadership Team on a wide range of strategic and tactical HR related matters to include employee relations programs and legal compliance, recruitment/retention and workforce planning, team member engagement and development initiatives, salary/benefits administration, and organizational and culture alignment.
• Provides leadership to the Baptist-Memphis Human Resources department by building and motivating an engaged, results-oriented, and respected HR team; providing budgetary oversight; achieving HR performance metrics; and ensuring service excellence and responsiveness to needs of internal/external customers.
• Drives change and innovation through "best practices" for human resources program delivery and evaluates outcomes relative to service initiatives, leadership development, and operational goal alignment.
• Participates in workforce development initiatives to include deployment of entity recruitment strategies utilizing effective methodologies and platforms for attracting, assessing, and selecting the best talent working in coordination with Corporate Human Resources and Corporate Communications for special campaigns and/or projects.
• Works closely with Corporate Human Resources on all compensation matters to ensure alignment with system policies, practices and/or processes. Participates in the annual salary review process to identify areas warranting evaluation due to market conditions.
• Administers employee relations program to include but not limited to interpreting policies, conducting investigations as needed, making recommendations on complex employee relations matters in order to mitigate legal exposure. Consults regularly with Corporate HR on legal matters and/or regulatory issues.
• Proactively manages talent and leadership development through relevant learning programs, leadership development, and succession planning. Assesses leadership development and/or training needs working with System Director, Learning and Engagement and team to design appropriate programs and/or resources for hospital teams at all levels. Facilitates and/or conducts training efforts as needed.
• Analyzes a variety of data to determine/evaluate trends in turnover; engagement, and process improvement in order to drive workforce initiatives and culture. Requirements, Preferences and Experience
- Requires an undergraduate degree, preferably in an HR or business-related field. Additionally, a Masters' degree in business or a related HR discipline and/or Professional HR certification preferred.
- 7 years of progressive, outcome-oriented Human Resources experience with 3 years in a leadership role. Experience working in a large acute care hospital environment.
• Strong working knowledge of human resources issues, trends, and legal compliance.
• Demonstrated success serving as a business partner in the implementation of strategic human resources business initiatives and tactics, processes, and communication to include recruitment/retention, employee relations and legal compliance, team member engagement and development, and process improvement.
• Must also have proven ability to facilitate and navigate change in a large, fast paced health care environment.
• Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills to foster a collaborative team approach to HR service and program delivery. About Baptist Memorial Health Care
At Baptist, we owe our success to our colleagues, who have both technical expertise and a compassionate attitude. Every day they carry out Christ's three-fold ministry-healing, preaching and teaching. And, we reward their efforts with compensation and benefits packages that are highly competitive in the Mid-South health care community. For two consecutive years, Baptist has won a Best in Benefits award for offering the best benefit plans compared with their peer groups. Winners are chosen based on plan designs, premiums and the results of a Benefits Benchmarking Survey.At Baptist, We Offer:
- Competitive salaries
- Paid vacation/time off
- Continuing education opportunities
- Generous retirement plan
- Health insurance, including dental and vision
- Sick leave
- Service awards
- Free parking
- Short-term disability
- Life insurance
- Health care and dependent care spending accounts
- Education assistance/continuing education
- Employee referral program
Position: 136 - Director-Human Resources
Facility: BMH-Memphis Hospital
Department: ME HRD Administration Baptist Memphis
Category: Human Resources
Type: Non Clinical
Work Type: Full Time
Work Schedule: Days
Located in the Memphis metro area