Oversees the patient care experience and ensures satisfaction with services provided. Job Duties: Receives, investigates, and responds to complaints or concerns from patients, families, and visitors. Notifies departmental personnel of complaints received, collaborates with care providers or staff members to develop resolutions, and suggests process improvements meant to drive service excellence. Educates staff on the importance of quality customer service in the patient care process. Collects and analyzes data measuring customer satisfaction with the care received. Experience and Education: Performs work under general supervision. Handles moderately complex issues and problems, and refers more complex issues to higher-level staff. Possesses solid working knowledge of subject matter. May provide leadership, coaching, and/or mentoring to subordinate group. Requires 3 or more years of experience in dealing with customers. Reports to: Typically reports to the Director of Risk Management. Competencies: Ability to work as part of a team. Problem management. Oral and written communication skills. Customer/client orientation. Organizational skills. Interpersonal skills. Planning and communication skills.Responsibilities
- Handles all patient and guest complaints and grievances to ensure consistent and continuous compliance with applicable standards for The Joint Commission and Centers for Medicare/Medicaid Services and Baptist Health Care Corporation
- Visits patients and families and informs them of their right to present complaints in accordance with the mission and vision of Baptist North Mississippi.
- Collaborates with patients and families to identify problems, complaints, or answer any questions regarding hospital stay.
- Reports and/or resolves all problems and/or complaints in a timely manner with the appropriate personnel
- Visits patients and makes personal visits to any individual who has issued a complaint to ascertain the facts involved.
- Relays pertinent information to Director of Risk Manager and Administration or appropriate staff as indicated.
- Contacts appropriate personnel in order to attempt resolution to problems or complaints.
- Oversees resolution of patient complaints. Maintains patient complaint log generated and documented through and patient complaint and grievance forms. Reports all information as directed to Corporate Quality Department.
- Facilitates customer satisfaction by communicating and interacting with key internal and external customers to identify opportunities for improvement resulting in enhanced service and customer satisfaction
- Identifies opportunities for enhanced customer satisfaction
- Serves on hospital committees, as needed Requirements, Preferences and Experience
Education - high school diploma
Credentials - none
Experience - at least 3 years in a customer services area, preferred health care.About Baptist Memorial Health Care
At Baptist, we owe our success to our colleagues, who have both technical expertise and a compassionate attitude. Every day they carry out Christ's three-fold ministry-healing, preaching and teaching. And, we reward their efforts with compensation and benefits packages that are highly competitive in the Mid-South health care community. For two consecutive years, Baptist has won a Best in Benefits award for offering the best benefit plans compared with their peer groups. Winners are chosen based on plan designs, premiums and the results of a Benefits Benchmarking Survey.At Baptist, We Offer:
- Competitive salaries
- Paid vacation/time off
- Continuing education opportunities
- Generous retirement plan
- Health insurance, including dental and vision
- Sick leave
- Service awards
- Free parking
- Short-term disability
- Life insurance
- Health care and dependent care spending accounts
- Education assistance/continuing education
- Employee referral program
Position: 17514 - Manager-Patient Care Advocate
Facility: BMH-North Mississippi Oxford Hospital
Department: NM Risk Management BMH North MS
Category: Leadership & Administration
Type: Non Clinical
Work Type: Full Time
Work Schedule: Days
Located in the Oxford, MS metro area