Provides technical assistance by preparing, monitoring and maintaining, and/or assist with patients, facilities and equipment to facilitate diagnostic and interventional procedures in a safe and timely manner. Provides a caring relationship that facilitates health, and healing. Performs other duties as assigned.Responsibilities
Requirements, Preferences and Experience Education
- Properly prepare patient, facility and equipment.
- Collects and records pertinent patient and procedural data.
- Prepares equipment/instruments in accordance with standard operating procedures
- Participates in quality improvement.
- Maintains skills and knowledge through training and continuing education.
- Follows direction, under the direct supervision of a licensed therapist, to help with patient care.
- Completes assigned goals.
Preferred: College coursework and/or rehabilitation or exercise science background.
Minimum: Skill in communicating clearly and effectively using standard English in written, oral and verbal format to achieve high productivity and efficiency. Skill to write legibly and record information accurately as necessary to perform job duties.Experience
Preferred: 3 years experience in a rehabilitation setting.
Minimum: 1 year experience in a rehabilitation setting.Licensure, Registration, Certification
Minimum: BLS certification within 14 days of hire dateSpecial Skills
Preferred: Intermediate computer literacy.
Minimum: Basic computer literacy.About Baptist Memorial Health Care
At Baptist, we owe our success to our colleagues, who have both technical expertise and a compassionate attitude. Every day they carry out Christ's three-fold ministry-healing, preaching and teaching. And, we reward their efforts with compensation and benefits packages that are highly competitive in the Mid-South health care community. For two consecutive years, Baptist has won a Best in Benefits award for offering the best benefit plans compared with their peer groups. Winners are chosen based on plan designs, premiums and the results of a Benefits Benchmarking Survey.At Baptist, We Offer:
- Competitive salaries
- Paid vacation/time off
- Continuing education opportunities
- Generous retirement plan
- Health insurance, including dental and vision
- Sick leave
- Service awards
- Free parking
- Short-term disability
- Life insurance
- Health care and dependent care spending accounts
- Education assistance/continuing education
- Employee referral program
Position: 6286 - Technician-Rehabilitation II
Facility: BMH-Memphis Hospital
Department: ME Physical Therapy Baptist Memphis
Category: Rehabilitation & Wellness
Work Type: Full Time
Work Schedule: Days
Located in the Memphis metro area