Keeps employees informed about Baptist news and events through a printed newsletter, blog and intranet site. Maintains and updates intranet sites. Writes and executes communications plans to help promote major initiatives and important developments. Some travel by car required. Performs other duties as assigned.Responsibilities
Requirements, Preferences and Experience Education
- Maintains and updates system MyBaptist and Corporate Communications intranet pages.
- Keeps Corporate building employees updated on Corporate building and Baptist events and programs.
- Contributes content to additional system publications
- Provides additional support for employee initiatives.
- Produces the Leader, Baptist's employee newsletter.
- Plans for future issues of Leader.
- Ensures each issue of Leader is properly distributed.
- Completes assigned goals.
- Updates Baptist Leader blog with articles, photos, announcements and similar information.
Minimum: Bachelor?s Degree in journalism, public relations, communications or related field.Experience
Preferred: Experience in employee communications, issues management, strategic communications planning, Sharepoint and/or blog platforms such as WordPress.
Minimum: Three years of experience in editorial writing, including, but not limited to newspaper reporting, magazine reporting or news release writing.Special Skills
Preferred: Familiarity with web design.
Minimum: Developing and maintaining intranet sites and pages (particularly Sharepoint), communicating using social media tools. Strong writing skills, knowledge of Associated Press style, knowledge of how to write a strategic communications plan.About Baptist Memorial Health Care
At Baptist, we owe our success to our colleagues, who have both technical expertise and a compassionate attitude. Every day they carry out Christ's three-fold ministry-healing, preaching and teaching. And, we reward their efforts with compensation and benefits packages that are highly competitive in the Mid-South health care community. For two consecutive years, Baptist has won a Best in Benefits award for offering the best benefit plans compared with their peer groups. Winners are chosen based on plan designs, premiums and the results of a Benefits Benchmarking Survey.At Baptist, We Offer:
- Competitive salaries
- Paid vacation/time off
- Continuing education opportunities
- Generous retirement plan
- Health insurance, including dental and vision
- Sick leave
- Service awards
- Free parking
- Short-term disability
- Life insurance
- Health care and dependent care spending accounts
- Education assistance/continuing education
- Employee referral program
Position: 1881 - Coordinator-Internal Communication
Facility: BMHCC Corporate Office
Department: HS Communications Corporate
Category: Marketing and Communications
Type: Non Clinical
Work Type: Full Time
Work Schedule: Days
Located in the Memphis metro area