Technician-EKG Phlebotomist I - JS Pathology General MBMC
Job ID: 10213
Job Category: Laboratory & Pathology
Job Type: Clinical
Work Type: Full Time
Work Schedule: Days
This job posting is no longer active.
To collect blood samples, perform whole blood glucose testing, and perform EKG's in a timely and accurate manner. Performs all other duties as assigned.Responsibilities
Requirements, Preferences and Experience Education
- Appropriately identifies patients prior to specimen collection or whole blood glucose testing according to established protocol. Appropriately labels and transports specimens after collection according to established protocol.
- Follows established procedures for collecting biological specimens for laboratory analysis and whole blood glucose testing, recognizing common patient situations and procedural/technical problems and the appropriate courses of action. Demonstrates advanced technical skills and related knowledge to other hospital staff, assisting in appropriate care and communication of pertinent procedures related to specimen collection.
- Demonstrates knowledge of pre-analytic variables for laboratory tests by utilizing appropriate methods for collecting specimens and appropriate corrective actions, as needed. Applies knowledge of available resources for gathering information related to blood collection and test procedures, including utilizing computerized information systems and specimen collection lists. Demonstrates commitment to personal career growth and competency, including completion of all departmental continuing education requirements.
- Selects appropriate equipment, reagents and sample types for collecting specimens for laboratory analysis and/or whole blood glucose testing, recognizing appropriate actions and methods needed for difficult and/or unusual patient collections.
- Appropriately documents specimen collection issues to assist with follow-up. Appropriately documents both quality control and patient whole blood glucose results, taking and reporting appropriate corrective action as needed and using comment codes correctly.
- Performs 12-lead EKG tests according to established protocol, entering required patient identification information and transmitting results as requested for immediate attention and patient care.
- Assists with inventory and supply management as needed. Performs other duties as requested following training.
Preferred: 100 sticks at a clinical site preferred.
Minimum: High School Diploma or Equivalent Required. Experience
Minimum: No Experience Required with formal training. 6 Months Healthcare/Medical - Phlebotomist Required. Licensure, Registration, Certification
Preferred: License/Certification/Registries (valid for the State of MS): National Phlebotomy Certification Preferred. Special Skills
Minimum: Successful completion of Phlebotomy and 12-Lead EKG testing courses as scheduled.About Baptist Memorial Health Care
At Baptist, we owe our success to our colleagues, who have both technical expertise and a compassionate attitude. Every day they carry out Christ's three-fold ministry-healing, preaching and teaching. And, we reward their efforts with compensation and benefits packages that are highly competitive in the Mid-South health care community. For two consecutive years, Baptist has won a Best in Benefits award for offering the best benefit plans compared with their peer groups. Winners are chosen based on plan designs, premiums and the results of a Benefits Benchmarking Survey.At Baptist, We Offer:
- Competitive salaries
- Paid vacation/time off
- Continuing education opportunities
- Generous retirement plan
- Health insurance, including dental and vision
- Sick leave
- Service awards
- Free parking
- Short-term disability
- Life insurance
- Health care and dependent care spending accounts
- Education assistance/continuing education
- Employee referral program
Position: 11749 - Technician-EKG Phlebotomist I
Department: JS Pathology General MBMC
Category: Laboratory & Pathology
Work Type: Full Time
Work Schedule: Days
Located in the Jackson, MS metro area