The Director of Osteopathic Principles and Practices is a Faculty Ranked position. The Director will be assigned responsibilities for oversight and leadership of academic and clinical curriculum and services that trains medical students and residents. An applicant must have:
Earned Medical degree from an accredited institution acknowledged by the Commission on Osteopathic College Accreditation.
Board certified or Board eligible through the American Osteopathic Board of Neuromusculoskeletal Medicine or Board Certified or Board eligible for a Certificate of Special Proficiency in Osteopathic Manipulative Medicine.
Commitment to support the mission and vision of Baptist University Health Sciences
Proficiency using computer with applications such as Microsoft Office 365 (Word, Outlook, Powerpoint, and Excel)
Ability to stand or sit for periods of time, stand, walk and bend intermittently through the day in university environment with
moderate fluctuations in noise and temperature.
Must successfully complete and pass requisite pre-employment drug screen/physical and background check
Serves as a resource regarding trends, issues, and practices in the profession or discipline.
Participation in local and/or state and/or national professional organizations.
Participation in community-based organizations and/or initiatives.
Evidence of sustained excellence in teaching, clinical service, and in scholarly or creative works;
Unrestricted certification/licensure to teach/practice in the State of Tennessee; if DO or MD, must have ability to obtain an active and unrestricted medical license inthe state where clinical activities occurResponsibilities
• Participate in teaching, scholarly activities, and service in the osteopathic School of Medicine with a goal of producing competent and holistic physicians
• Participate in and/or direct multidisciplinary curricular courses and formative and summative assessment of learners
• Mentor junior faculty in developing instructional experiences that support the mission and goals of the College and University
• Partner with College leadership to assess educational outcomes and use data to perform quality improvement of instructional methodology and curriculum
• Full-time, non-tenure track, exempt position under the administrative direction of the Department Chair and Senior Associate Dean of Academic Affairs
• May occasionally require hours beyond an 8-hour workday
• Distribution of time to be spent in Teaching, Research & Scholarly Activity, Service, Administration, and Clinical Practice negotiated annually based on faculty career goals, college and administrative needs, and meeting accreditation standards.
• Assigned administrative responsibilities necessary to successfully implement the college's strategic plan for the advancement of Osteopathic Principles and Practices/ Osteopathic Manipulative Medicine consistent with accreditation and training standards. Requirements, Preferences and Experience
Must be a DO board certified or board eligible in Osteopathic Neuro Musculoskeletal Medicine (ONMM)About Baptist Memorial Health Care
At Baptist, we owe our success to our colleagues, who have both technical expertise and a compassionate attitude. Every day they carry out Christ's three-fold ministry-healing, preaching and teaching. And, we reward their efforts with compensation and benefits packages that are highly competitive in the Mid-South health care community. For two consecutive years, Baptist has won a Best in Benefits award for offering the best benefit plans compared with their peer groups. Winners are chosen based on plan designs, premiums and the results of a Benefits Benchmarking Survey.At Baptist, We Offer:
- Competitive salaries
- Paid vacation/time off
- Continuing education opportunities
- Generous retirement plan
- Health insurance, including dental and vision
- Sick leave
- Service awards
- Free parking
- Short-term disability
- Life insurance
- Health care and dependent care spending accounts
- Education assistance/continuing education
- Employee referral program
Position: 17601 - Professor- Associate Clinical Sciences
Facility: Baptist Health Sciences University
Department: CS Medical Education University
Type: Non Clinical
Work Type: Full Time
Work Schedule: Days
Located in the Memphis metro area