Responsible for the daily completion of both cliams edit, denial, and no response billing functions for timely follow up. Handles internal and external questions to completion. Understands both paper and electronic claims as well as client invoice billing. Performs other duties as assigned.Responsibilities
Requirements, Preferences and Experience Education
- Handles telephone communication with patients, insurance companies and other BMG clinic or BMG Foundation personnel.
- Bills, collects and submits all insurance and TPA claims according to payer guidelines, and established procedures and workflows
- Reviews and/or processes all credit balances from supplied reports.
- Works all insurance denials, via paper and/or electronic in work queues.
- Monitors and processes all assigned electronic and/or paper claim status. i.g. claim edit and no response work queues.
- Completes assigned goals
Preferred: Certification in medical billing or course work. Associates degree in Business, Finance, or related field.
Minimum: High School Dipolma or GEDExperience
Preferred: One or more years of government and/or commercial billing and collections in a physician or hospital setting.
Minimum: Experience in the healthcare setting or educational coursework.Training
Preferred: MS Office and advanced phone system experience. Knowledge of insurance billing and collections guidelines, including payer systems such as FFS. Experience with Epic. Effective verbal and written communication skills. Effective customer service skills.
Minimum: Basic computer and keyboarding skills.About Baptist Memorial Health Care
At Baptist, we owe our success to our colleagues, who have both technical expertise and a compassionate attitude. Every day they carry out Christ's three-fold ministry-healing, preaching and teaching. And, we reward their efforts with compensation and benefits packages that are highly competitive in the Mid-South health care community. For two consecutive years, Baptist has won a Best in Benefits award for offering the best benefit plans compared with their peer groups. Winners are chosen based on plan designs, premiums and the results of a Benefits Benchmarking Survey.At Baptist, We Offer:
- Competitive salaries
- Paid vacation/time off
- Continuing education opportunities
- Generous retirement plan
- Health insurance, including dental and vision
- Sick leave
- Service awards
- Free parking
- Short-term disability
- Life insurance
- Health care and dependent care spending accounts
- Education assistance/continuing education
- Employee referral program
Position: 10695 - Specialist-Billing
Facility: BMG-Central Business Office
Department: MG CBO Billing
Category: Billing Claims and Revenue
Type: Non Clinical
Work Type: Full Time
Work Schedule: Days
Located in the Memphis metro area