Handles duties relating to painting, wood finishing, installing wall coverings, building, repairing wall surfaces, ceramic tile, & floor covering. Performs other duties as assigned.Responsibilities
Requirements, Preferences and Experience Education
- Performs construction skills related to layout and building of required offices, or spaces as directed.
- Paints interior and exterior surfaces as directed to maintain appearance of facility.
- Installs various wall coverings or wall mounted items.
- Installs and repairs acoustical ceilings.
- Prepares and installs floor surfaces.
- Completes assigned goals.
Preferred: High School graduate or equivalent
Minimum: Knowledge, skills and mental development equivalent to completion of 4 years of high school, or an acceptable equivalent combination of education and experienceExperience
Preferred: 5 years of experience in construction or carpentry maintenance in a healthcare setting.
Minimum: 5 years of experience in construction or carpentry maintenance in a healthcare setting.Licensure, Registration, Certification
Minimum: DRIVER'S LICENSE (CURRENT)Special Skills
Minimum: Ability to operate saws and other related carpentry tools.Training
Preferred: Completion of Vocational or Technical Training Program is desired but not required for hireAbout Baptist Memorial Health Care
At Baptist, we owe our success to our colleagues, who have both technical expertise and a compassionate attitude. Every day they carry out Christ's three-fold ministry-healing, preaching and teaching. And, we reward their efforts with compensation and benefits packages that are highly competitive in the Mid-South health care community. For two consecutive years, Baptist has won a Best in Benefits award for offering the best benefit plans compared with their peer groups. Winners are chosen based on plan designs, premiums and the results of a Benefits Benchmarking Survey.At Baptist, We Offer:
- Competitive salaries
- Paid vacation/time off
- Continuing education opportunities
- Generous retirement plan
- Health insurance, including dental and vision
- Sick leave
- Service awards
- Free parking
- Short-term disability
- Life insurance
- Health care and dependent care spending accounts
- Education assistance/continuing education
- Employee referral program
Position: 13141 - Mechanic
Facility: BMC-Leake Critical Access Hospital
Department: CAH LK Plant Operations Facility Services
Category: Facilities & Security
Type: Non Clinical
Work Type: Full Time
Work Schedule: Days