Assists in document management which includes organization, recordation, execution, tracking, training, and other related activities. Assists in database management as assigned. Performs legal research as assigned. Provides litigation and administrative agency internal investigative support to legal counsel. Performs other duties as assigned.Responsibilities
Requirements, Preferences and Experience Education
- Assists in the development, drafting, negotiation, execution, tracking, recordation, and other management of agreements, claims, and other documents on behalf of the corporation and/or its affiliated entities.
- Works with other internal departments as necessary or requested.
- Receives, creates, organizes, updates, and maintains centralized files and databases.
- Participates in and provides training to others in the use of document and/or database management software as requested.
- Assists internal/external legal counsel in sales and/or acquisitions of corporate entities, real property, equipment, supplies, and other assets.
- Performs legal research as requested to determine statutory, regulatory, and other case law related to legal matters for the corporation.
- Provides litigation, eDiscovery, and other investigative support as requested for internal/external legal counsel.
- Assists with preparation, filing, tracking, and management of patents, corporate service marks and trademarks and other intellectual property.
- Handles processing and reporting of claims as requested.
- Handles processing of legal bills; prepares and tracks check requests as requested.
- Completes assigned goals and other tasks as requested.
Preferred: Associate's Degree in Paralegal Studies or similar field.
Minimum: Completion of Paralegal Education Program accredited by the American Bar Association or Bachelor's Degree with related paralegal or legal experience. Skill in communicating clearly and effectively using standard English in written, oral, and verbal format to achieve high productivity and efficiency. Skill to write legibly and record information accurately as necessary to perform job duties.Experience
Preferred: Knowledge of general office management, secretarial skills and operation of machines/equipment as acquired through 5 years of related paralegal or legal experience.
Minimum: Knowledge of general office management, secretarial skills and operation of machines/equipment as acquired through 2 years of related paralegal or legal experience.Special Skills
Minimum: Computer software program (word processing, spreadsheet, etc.) skills. Knowledge and competency in the use of Westlaw and/or LexisNexis as well as other legal resources. Skill competency in conducting legal research and legal writing skills. Ability to handle multiple complex projects accurately and successfully.About Baptist Memorial Health Care
At Baptist, we owe our success to our colleagues, who have both technical expertise and a compassionate attitude. Every day they carry out Christ's three-fold ministry-healing, preaching and teaching. And, we reward their efforts with compensation and benefits packages that are highly competitive in the Mid-South health care community. For two consecutive years, Baptist has won a Best in Benefits award for offering the best benefit plans compared with their peer groups. Winners are chosen based on plan designs, premiums and the results of a Benefits Benchmarking Survey.At Baptist, We Offer:
- Competitive salaries
- Paid vacation/time off
- Continuing education opportunities
- Generous retirement plan
- Health insurance, including dental and vision
- Sick leave
- Service awards
- Free parking
- Short-term disability
- Life insurance
- Health care and dependent care spending accounts
- Education assistance/continuing education
- Employee referral program
Position: 13774 - Paralegal
Facility: BMHCC Corporate Office
Department: HS Legal Corporate
Type: Non Clinical
Work Type: Part Time
Work Schedule: Days
Located in the Memphis metro area